Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone getting any OTA updates?

Kieranm9091

I have a 22 plate and so far I think I received one OTA update in 2022, and since then I’ve received nothing?

I would have thought there would be something by now, whether big or small that Toyota keep on top of it.

What’s other people’s experience?

No updates yet, last I heard Toyota had stopped them due to issues.

When I used to update the sat nav manually that was every 6 months. For the actual car software itself, I'd expect at least that. In the brochure they said over the air updates were a feature.

My car is set to notify me when there is an update available, so I can download it on wifi.

No

Ok that was painful. 

Yes OTA updates are working.

my pain was caused on how they work ie SEQUENTIAL updates.

connected the car wifi to my home network as i have a reasonably fast download speed and enabled toyota online as my default data connection  

since i have never updated the maps or software (2021v2) and the latest is 2024v1 I thought id give it a go to answer OP. After 50 minutes (downloads super fast , not so much the installation speed !!) 2022v1 was installed, 50 min later 2022v2 checked a third time and 2023v1 was ready for update. 

Decided to wait til tomorrow to do the last 3 revisions…

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2024 at 6:32 PM, Paul john said:

Ok that was painful. 

Yes OTA updates are working.

my pain was caused on how they work ie SEQUENTIAL updates.

connected the car wifi to my home network as i have a reasonably fast download speed and enabled toyota online as my default data connection  

since i have never updated the maps or software (2021v2) and the latest is 2024v1 I thought id give it a go to answer OP. After 50 minutes (downloads super fast , not so much the installation speed !!) 2022v1 was installed, 50 min later 2022v2 checked a third time and 2023v1 was ready for update. 

Decided to wait til tomorrow to do the last 3 revisions…

What version is the latest then? I currently have this as my latest update.

IMG_3665.jpeg

2024v1

14 minutes ago, Paul john said:

2024v1

How have you managed to update it?

8 minutes ago, Kieranm9091 said:

How have you managed to update it?

Yes. Updated to latest version. My software version on head unit is 1170 for nav and audio

it was a pain though as i had to do 4 updates in the end.

i connected the car to my house wifi , the download was quick the install took 40 min per update

18 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Yes. Updated to latest version. My software version on head unit is 1170 for nav and audio

it was a pain though as i had to do 4 updates in the end.

i connected the car to my house wifi , the download was quick the install took 40 min per update

I will connect to the wifi tomorrow and see whether it will push for an update. I assume it notified of an update fairly quickly. Bit of a pain considering should be able to update without the wifi.

I do with car companies communicated like those of tech companies Apple, Google etc with annual updates on what they are doing with their tech and products. Rather than hiding until the next car release.

I didn't wait for the push. I used the “check now” button 

agreed about the not needing wifi, but the updates are fairly large and there are many reasons why a phone connection wont download (tariff, settings) etc

let us know how you get on

There doesn’t seem to be a check now button on the facelift 23+. 

I connected to WiFi but all I have is a button to be notified when there are updates available. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sportse said:

There doesn’t seem to be a check now button on the facelift 23+. 

I connected to WiFi but all I have is a button to be notified when there are updates available. 

We have two Corolla's one TS (72 Plate) one HB (23 Plate), the TS received an update just after we took delivery, but the HB hasn't received any updates.  We have notify enabled on both cars. In the HB we now have a mobile Wifi router and nothing has come through. I'll connect one of the cars to the home wifi to see if anything comes up tonight when I get home. There is no check now button on either car, certainly wish there was, it would make life a lot easier.

• Like 2

Experiencing the same, connected to WiFi and no check now button, just states no updates available.

Fiddling around though, nice to know we can watch some YouTube on it 🤣

image.jpg

• Haha 2

The “check now” button is on my 2022 prius. I was not indicating it as a function of the newer model, mine is the touch2go head unit which i said was software revision 1170

OP was asking if OTA updates were working. 

8 hours ago, scabad said:

We have two Corolla's one TS (72 Plate) one HB (23 Plate), the TS received an update just after we took delivery, but the HB hasn't received any updates.  We have notify enabled on both cars. In the HB we now have a mobile Wifi router and nothing has come through. I'll connect one of the cars to the home wifi to see if anything comes up tonight when I get home. There is no check now button on either car, certainly wish there was, it would make life a lot easier.

Update: 19:55 19/06/2024

I have just connected the cars to the house Wifi, and sat for 30 min leaving both cars running on our drive (one after the other) - no updates on either car :sad:

5 minutes ago, scabad said:

Update: 19:55 19/06/2024

I have just connected the cars to the house Wifi, and sat for 30 min leaving both cars running on our drive (one after the other) - no updates on either car :sad:

I would say this definately should be raised with Toyota Tech support UK. You can raise a ticket through the website. 
i have used them before and they are not quick to respond but will do eventually. 

3 minutes ago, Paul john said:

I would say this definately should be raised with Toyota Tech support UK. You can raise a ticket through the website. 
i have used them before and they are not quick to respond but will do eventually. 

Thanks for the info Paul, much appreciated.

If anyone here on the form has a 23 Plate Gen 5 (mine is an Excel HB) or a 72 Plate Gen 4 (TS GR Sport) I'd be really interested in the version numbers of the software.

Really appreciate any help

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paul john said:

I have raised a ticket with them to see what they say. I can’t imagine two years of no updates, seems daft when my old system with memory stick updates got one every 6 months.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kieranm9091 said:

I have raised a ticket with them to see what they say. I can’t imagine two years of no updates, seems daft when my old system with memory stick updates got one every 6 months.

I picked up with them with the Sim activation issues with 2020/2022 models and it took the techs 6 months to resolve. Aparently uk dropped “off the radar” post brexit with orange deals (ee now).

keep on at them until you get a resolution. 

2 hours ago, scabad said:

Thanks for the info Paul, much appreciated.

If anyone here on the form has a 23 Plate Gen 5 (mine is an Excel HB) or a 72 Plate Gen 4 (TS GR Sport) I'd be really interested in the version numbers of the software.

Really appreciate any help

On my 73 plate gen 5 there seems to be pages and pages of software versions unfortunately, there are many screens to scroll through with lots of different versions - I couldn’t see a simple software version listed. 

21 hours ago, sportse said:

On my 73 plate gen 5 there seems to be pages and pages of software versions unfortunately, there are many screens to scroll through with lots of different versions - I couldn’t see a simple software version listed. 

Yep, same here (73 excel HB). I’d love to know how to identify the software version of anyone knows? 

On my 73 plate Excel HB i just get an error when it tries to check for updates.  Does anyone have the latest versions?

I get the same message whether the car is on my home wifi or not.

On 6/19/2024 at 9:00 PM, Kieranm9091 said:

Hi

Just wondering if you've heard anything back form Toyota

I've just had this from the dealership 

The latest updates for the media are –

12-23-45 (2023-03-5) (2022Q4 data) – for map data

For system software – check via settings, software update & it will prompt if an update is due.

ok so it sounds like the update that will resolve the recall issue will be the first one...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links