Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weird, My Toyota app lost car details

ernieb

As above really. Last evening I tried to check on how the charge was going on the car and the app just would not respond. I tried this on my iPad and Android Pixel 7.  Neither would open and there was a brief message flashed on the screen, something like ‘needs to be re registered’. (Can not really remember) 

Just got home and this time I was offered the add a car page. Added my car and it said, surprise, surprise this car is already registered, went through another few pages and then the app acted normally. This page was not available last night.

Anyone else had this happen?

• Like 1

In a word, no ... 😉

It sounds like an App Update-and-Break feature - we never had anything like that before, have we? 😄

I'm on Android, last updated 6th May to version 2.7 ...

We just got new phones and had to download a new version of the app. Don’t really use it often so could have been out for a while. 

27 minutes ago, philip42h said:

In a word, no ... 😉

It sounds like an App Update-and-Break feature - we never had anything like that before, have we? 😄

I'm on Android, last updated 6th May to version 2.7 ...

Same app version on my phone as you Philip. It seems more like Toyota generated thing as it was on two different OS devices (android and iOS). Neither would work, both broken, no way to trigger the preregistration/confirmation process, until today. I went through the confirmation etc. on the iPad and the Android phone worked immediately without any further intervention other than the normal log in.

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

As above really. Last evening I tried to check on how the charge was going on the car and the app just would not respond. I tried this on my iPad and Android Pixel 7.  Neither would open and there was a brief message flashed on the screen, something like ‘needs to be re registered’. (Can not really remember) 

Just got home and this time I was offered the add a car page. Added my car and it said, surprise, surprise this car is already registered, went through another few pages and then the app acted normally. This page was not available last night.

Anyone else had this happen?

I've had this Ernie. I just left it alone for a few days and the next time I tried it was all fixed. I just assumed it was a server issue causing a bizarre behaviour in the App. 

• Like 1

It did happened to me a few times...

• Like 1

I've had the usual not logging in or data missing but this specifically, after accepting my usual log in, wanted the car details confirmed. Whatever, it's working fine now my frustration at the time was not providing any assistance on what was needed to complete the process. As I said the next day it was easy, log in, add the car reg, app confirmed the car was already in my account and went off to get my data.

I would assume Toyota UK / Europe is having some backend IT issues.

The new vehicle order tracker isn't working until your vehicle arrives at the dealership, the recall checked can't decide if your vehicle has a recall or not & now the My Toyota app has thrown its toys out. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links