Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Ah Battery in 2022 C-HR?

ninanina

I have spotted a very low mileage 2022 C-HR (1.8) at my local Toyota dealer that I’m interested in buying 

The mileage is so low that it makes me worry about the condition of the 12v Battery

Can anyone tell me what is the correct Ah Battery for a 2022 C-HR 1.8?

I don’t do a lot of mileage but my Prius has never given me any Battery problems and that’s got a 52Ah so I’m hoping the C-HR has something similar as it’s got the same 1.8 engine 

Thanks in advance 

11 minutes ago, ninanina said:

I have spotted a very low mileage 2022 C-HR (1.8) at my local Toyota dealer that I’m interested in buying 

The mileage is so low that it makes me worry about the condition of the 12v battery

Can anyone tell me what is the correct Ah battery for a 2022 C-HR 1.8?

I don’t do a lot of mileage but my Prius has never given me any battery problems and that’s got a 52Ah so I’m hoping the C-HR has something similar as it’s got the same 1.8 engine 

Thanks in advance 

2019-2020 i did 12k less milage, my prius sat on the drive unloved for 6 months.  my 12v had a warning on the Battery check at service. 
the following year it had recovered.  You will probably be fine. 

Its a UK 012 code Battery & normally they will be around 52 Ah 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Its a UK 012 code battery & normally they will be around 52 Ah 

That’s great news thank you so much for the info 

34 minutes ago, Paul john said:

2019-2020 i did 12k less milage, my prius sat on the drive unloved for 6 months.  my 12v had a warning on the battery check at service. 
the following year it had recovered.  You will probably be fine. 

Thank you for the information Paul

• Thanks 1

The factory fit was often 45Ah, but you can get 54Ah Varta or Yuasa batteries of the same physical size. 

FWIW - We fit Yuasa 12 volt replacement batteries on the Toyota ICE counter balance forklifts when the original Toyota branded Battery fails.

24 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

FWIW - We fit Yuasa 12 volt replacement batteries on the Toyota ICE counter balance forklifts when the original Toyota branded battery fails.

I think thats the point that is important in choosing a Battery.

we have a leisure Battery for running electrics in our folding camper when “off grid” (not plugged into campsite electricity) so its important to have as many Ah as possible, but we are still limited by the physical space where the Battery is stored. 
my advice would be get a battery which is no less that the original 45Ah posted by @yossarian247

but get as many Ah as you can for the same physical size. 

the yuasa website has a battery selector by vehicle tool https://www.yuasa.co.uk/#lookup-manual-selection and suggests a 54Ah as @yossarian247 also suggests 

6 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

The factory fit was often 45Ah, but you can get 54Ah Varta or Yuasa batteries of the same physical size. 

I think 45Ah is too small for the vehicle 

When I go to test drive the car I will double check what Battery it has fitted as I’d much prefer it had something similar (52Ah) to what I have in the Prius 

I also like Yuasa batteries as I have used them in the past with no problems 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links