Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.8TS prices in Europe

Niky

Really curious to see how much did you pay for your new Corolla - especially those non UK ones.

Being from Bulgaria I was checking prices in specs in the Bulgarian Toyota site and the current price for 1.8 TS base model starts from 50,302 leva which is equivalent 25,686 euro

Then out of curiosity checked the German site and the base TS there starts from 34,540 euro

In UK the base TS starts from £31 840 which currently works out as 37,637 Euro

Didn't go into spec details.....yet it's quite a difference. I know dealers are goving lots of discounts in UK, but that's over 10k euro difference from Bulgarian's market!! Do we pay more for our Toyotas in UK - they are even made here. 

• Like 1

In my experience we seem to pay more for everything in the UK!!!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Billiards said:

In my experience we seem to pay more for everything in the UK!!!!

Yes, I was looking at prices when on holiday in Spain and the base Corolla was under 30k Euro there vs £32k here.

Apparently in Ireland it's nearer 40k Euro though.

There are likely some spec differences as well as local taxes.

Lowest I've heard of is in the US where someone bought one for under $25k.

(For my own car, it was a pre-reg one month old with 20 miles on it and I managed to get £8k off list price by travelling 300 miles to get it. Found it through searching for new Corollas on carwow, and it came up as one already in stock.

There are a handful of cars just like that dotted around the UK, must be cancelled orders where the dealer needs the cash. Also, many people maybe don't realise what a spec bump the base model had with the facelift and are not looking to buy them.

Mine was 'old year' model being late 23 facelift vs the new 24 model cars on sale.

Good thing though, as I didn't know about the bongs on the 24 models then.)

• Like 3

It doesn't make sense a product built in UK to be cheaper elsewhere after all transport and export cost. The base specs are everywhere almost the same with very little differences - they all got all the safety features + the regular infotainment system and 16inch tyres. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Niky said:

It doesn't make sense a product built in UK

Only the hatchback and Touring Sport are built in the UK. For Europe the saloon is built in Turkey. In the US, the Corolla is the entry level model, most versions are built in the US, and is available in petrol and hybrid versions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Only the hatchback and Touring Sport are built in the UK. For Europe the saloon is built in Turkey. In the US, the Corolla is the entry level model, most versions are built in the US, and is available in petrol and hybrid versions.

Correct

I am specifically talking for the 1.8 TS which I know for sure is UK built

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Niky said:

Correct

I am specifically talking for the 1.8 TS which I know for sure is UK built

The topic title doesn't specify that - 'Corolla  prices in Europe'. 

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

The topic title doesn't specify that - 'Corolla  prices in Europe'. 

Agree, yet my first post does

• Like 1

Topic title corrected.

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

Topic title corrected.

I see, got it  👍👍👍

I didn't want to go into much details with prices for the different models. It seems all UK buld Yaris(+Cross), Aygo, Corolla TS and hatch, C-HR are cheaper in Europe.  I have a TS therefor I only checked the TS in two different countries in Europe and quoted the prices I found....

It however applies for all UK build Toyotas

Correct and the eu specs Corolla that came from uk factory are better equipped especially top trims. The car prices in any country shows the current economy state and the buying power of the local currency.
United Kingdom it’s not doing well since 2020. 

From the Toyota Spain website it's currently 27.5k Euro for a base 1.8 facelift TS - £23,100

Vs UK price £31,840.

One of the car hire companies I use in Spain used to always have Toyotas, I've had Yaris Cross and CHR as well as various Auris in the past from them. They have been in the market for many years. CHR seems to be quite popular and is available from several companies now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

The car prices in any country shows the current economy state and the buying power of the local currency.
United Kingdom it’s not doing well since 2020. 

Well...The richer the country the higher the prices in this case. The buying affordability and competition set the prices. I know no one in Bulgaria would pay over 30k euro for a Corolla, but why should we pay more here 

I would understand if those Toyotas were imported in UK, but being build here, exported and sold cheaper in Europe than here isn't nice, is it. This applies for the whole Toyota range, nit only the Corolla TS

Few examples below

Germany

Screenshot_20240610_164702_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c1b56e323de175556359ad206a82e292.jpg

Romania 

Screenshot_20240610_164632_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6ddfe0e7b88899fef511c8c6cdb7328f.jpg

Spain

Screenshot_20240610_164556_Chrome.thumb.jpg.57b37b1396a5860ede50ef06e2e28435.jpg

Greece 

Screenshot_20240610_164426_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b14b2472879dc603dd96090dbeeebee2.jpg

Italy

Screenshot_20240610_164345_Chrome.thumb.jpg.13efb9511099e67d82529c09a5fb3d0e.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Niky said:

Well...The richer the country the higher the prices in this case. The buying affordability and competition set the prices. I know no one in Bulgaria would pay over 30k euro for a Corolla, but why should we pay more here 

I would understand if those Toyotas were imported in UK, but being build here, exported and sold cheaper in Europe than here isn't nice, is it. This applies for the whole Toyota range, nit only the Corolla TS

Few examples below

Germany

Screenshot_20240610_164702_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c1b56e323de175556359ad206a82e292.jpg

Romania 

Screenshot_20240610_164632_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6ddfe0e7b88899fef511c8c6cdb7328f.jpg

Spain

Screenshot_20240610_164556_Chrome.thumb.jpg.57b37b1396a5860ede50ef06e2e28435.jpg

Greece 

Screenshot_20240610_164426_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b14b2472879dc603dd96090dbeeebee2.jpg

Italy

Screenshot_20240610_164345_Chrome.thumb.jpg.13efb9511099e67d82529c09a5fb3d0e.jpg

Is VAT not a factor?

5 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Is VAT not a factor?

It should not be

Most of the EU countries got the same 20 or even more % VAT. 

Germany and Romania have currently 19% VAT

Screenshot_20240610_172840_Chrome.thumb.jpg.003e9363f034ec696540182dff5bb506.jpg

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Niky said:

I know no one in Bulgaria would pay over 30k euro for a Corolla, but why should we pay more here 

That is interesting, my lovely Bulgarian guys at the (very good) car wash I go to, always want to buy my old Yaris.

Is the used car market in Bulgaria similar to here in the UK?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Niky said:

I know no one in Bulgaria would pay over 30k euro for a Corolla, but why should we pay more here

Can always go buy something else instead - Toyota UK will charge what they can & what people will pay for the product.

If UK Corolla's sales decline then I'm sure Toyota UK will look at the pricing & adjust it. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day the organisation selling cars (not just Toyotas) in a particular market - whether it is the UK, Germany, Iceland, India or wherever - will set the prices at a level where they think the car will sell in that market, and make a certain level of profit.

It's as simple as that. Nothing to do with where the car is built.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Can always go buy something else instead - Toyota UK will charge what they can & what people will pay for the product.

Made me curious now to compare other brands in Europe vs UK😀. I assume the result will be pretty much the same, though 

21 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Is the used car market in Bulgaria similar to here in the UK?

Generally I think used cars in Bulgaria are slightly more expensive compared to UK😃

I remember many years ago  2007-2016 uk spec cars particularly German ones were so well equipped like for like with those in Germany, the pound was strong again other currencies and uk buying power of consumers was huge, the economy was blooming. I don’t see that here anymore.
Recent visit to Bulgaria Toyota were the most seen new cars in all towns I visited, the capital and some smaller towns. I also saw a bz4x in a remote village road, new chr first t8me in person , many new Corolla and particularly saloon non hybrids and hybrids. Yaris cross and classic Yaris, just you name it. Rav4 also ultra popular and most of these cars in hybrid variety cost well over £30k there. In the small town where I stayed most of these new hybrids were owned by dentists , doctors, lawyers,, pilots all well paid professionals. 
For me in terms of cars the surprises were that I didn’t see any old Lada’s at the airportm been replaced by new Peugeot cars and a lots of brand new Toyota hybrids. A good sign of human progress , people get smarter and richer. 👌👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

At the end of the day the organisation selling cars (not just Toyotas) in a particular market - whether it is the UK, Germany, Iceland, India or wherever - will set the prices at a level where they think the car will sell in that market, and make a certain level of profit.

It's as simple as that. Nothing to do with where the car is built.

I completely agree with you, yet I disagree to agree with the market differences for locally made product being sold at higher price domestically compared to abroad once exported.

It's us the customers who drive the prices as @forkingaboutsaid above 

30 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

UK Corolla's sales decline then I'm sure Toyota UK will look at the pricing & adjust it. 

On another hand there is something very wrong going on with the local produce in UK - vegetables, meat, etc.....

A fresh example from my(hospitality) work - importing beef from New Zealand (over 60 days on sea in a freezer container) works out much cheaper than using Irish l, or Scotish beef.....

Just thinking loudly....and being curious of what other people think. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

didn’t see any old Lada’

My first car was a Lada. Man..... once you learn to drive a Lada, you can drive anything 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Niky said:

My first car was a Lada. Man..... once you learn to drive a Lada, you can drive anything 

Lada is simply a classic. 
If you never visited this museum in Varna and for anyone who likes old cars and particularly ex Soviet Union ones this place is true paradise. The sea coast also a good one for summer breaks. 
https://visit.varna.bg/en/retro-muzej.html

• Thanks 1

Come on guys do share(if you don't mind of course) how much did you pay for your Non UK Corolla? Did you get a discount, how long did you wait for delivery?

I know it is a UK based forum, but there are many Non UK members here. Share your experience buying a Corolla, please 

• Like 1

I think it's partly we're a smaller market, being RHD, so the economies of scale aren't so good, but we seem to get shafted on cost in a lot of things anyway - I remember games would have the same figures in £, € and $ so e.g. a £50 game here would be €50 in euro land and $50 in the USA despite those prices having significantly different values and despite it being the same game, all english so can't blame it on localization costs etc. Never made sense, but there it is!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links