Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1975 RH11 HiAce - Clutch Master Cylinder

minwah

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have, or know where I could obtain either a clutch master cylinder, or rebuild kit / seals for one, for a 1975 RH11 HiAce (part #31410)?

I've not been able to find either. Have been in touch with a company about rebuilding it, but they said they would need to obtain new seals. I'm hoping for the best but realistically not expecting them to find them.

I have a master cylinder for the later (1977 on) RH11 but the mounting hole spacing is different, and it looks quite a bit different so wouldn't expect the seals to be the same (although I could take both apart and check).

If all else fails, is there anywhere that supplies seals by size that may fit? Or even make custom size seals?

Any help much appreciated!

toyota hiace (1975) clutch master cylinder.jpg

pre 78 parts are a m,are to source, beware of NOS items as rubber does not age well

give these a try, they should be able to rebuild what you have

https://www.biggred.co.uk/

• Like 1

Many thanks for the replies. I will report back how I get on...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2024 at 5:33 PM, flash22 said:

give these a try, they should be able to rebuild what you have

https://www.biggred.co.uk/

They said they can't help unfortunately, and suggested Past Parts.

Past Parts said the same as the other company I've been speaking to, that getting the seals may be a problem as they are completely different to the more common British / German types of seals used. However, they were quite confident they would be able to help, but need to have a look at the part itself.

Also spoke to a mechanic relative of mine who thinks as a last resort, it might be possible to fit the later type (Mk 2) master cylinder (with some modification).

thanks for the reply

changing to a more up to date cylinder comes with its own problems as you need the correct stroke and piston volume as well as the correct pipe size

if the master is dead take it apart measure the internals and check the bore

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, flash22 said:

thanks for the reply

changing to a more up to date cylinder comes with its own problems as you need the correct stroke and piston volume as well as the correct pipe size

if the master is dead take it apart measure the internals and check the bore

Yeah I wouldn't really want to attempt fitting the later type unless there is no other option. The stroke looks approximately the same, but the bore of the original looks bigger, based on the external size of it.

I'll have to take it off anyway so will be able to make some better comparisons, but still hoping I can get the original rebuilt.

Thanks for your advice and will post back when I make some progress.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

the only thing I have come across is from South Africa it looks about right

https://modernautoparts.co.za/products/cmk190-7315p?pr_prod_strat=e5_desc&pr_rec_id=b2c73d4c8&pr_rec_pid=7454168219879&pr_ref_pid=7454911332583&pr_seq=uniform

the distributor is partquip in SA

That does look promising - many thanks for that! Have contacted them to check availablity.

Thanks again!

• Like 2

Turns out Modern Auto Parts have the part but won't ship outside of South Africa. I know a friend of a friend in SA so will have to see if he'd mind receiving & sending it to me...

• Like 1

Getting closer and closer, fingers crossed. :biggrin:

just had another look at this, and came across 04311-26011 its listed for Toyace truck RY10

checked it across a few other sites and it looks like it is available from a lot of sellers

https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs/epc/toyota-europe/toyoace/RY10/9786/chassis/3103

£97 plus tax and shipping for a new cylinder

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/toyoace-townace-masterace-liteace-42475/ry10-56706/ry10-jr-927433/clutch-master-cylinder-17941452?nid=6631238#g17941452/clutch-master-cylinder/il-415265045-6631238-6631238

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links