Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

cant get the tyre pressure screen to stay on display

MardyMarvin

I have tried several times now on one of the 3 dash option to set the tyre pressure as a display. I set it up all ok back out of the menus all ok and can flick between the 3 screen layouts I have made. However every time I start the car it has lost the tyre display and just shows a blank spot where it should be. It is only this one option that never seems to remain. 

Is this how it is so you cant actually get the tyre pressure display to stay on the screen or am I missing something obvious. All the other things I have configured and put on the screen stay where I have configured them.

Yaris Excel model Y24

As far as I know, it takes a few minutes for the tyre pressure sensors to wake up after a start up and connect with the dash to be able to show the results.
My Corolla Cross is the same. After a couple of minutes I can find it displayed on one of the screen layouts, but not before - and it won't stay after powering off.
Another one of Toyota's quirks.

• Like 1

I’ve noticed this annoying quirk too !! Mine reverts to the power flow display though (MY24 Excel also).

33 minutes ago, Chippy01 said:

As far as I know, it takes a few minutes for the tyre pressure sensors to wake up after a start up and connect with the dash to be able to show the results.
My Corolla Cross is the same. After a couple of minutes I can find it displayed on one of the screen layouts, but not before - and it won't stay after powering off.

The newer tyre pressure sensors go to sleep a few minutes after the wheels stop rotating to save the internal Battery & give the sensor a longer service life before requiring replacement. 

Once the wheels start rotating the sensors will wake up again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Chippy01 said:

yes I know it takes a moment to display but the issue is that it chooses a complete different thing to show which is the Powerflow. 

4 minutes ago, dash said:

I’ve noticed this annoying quirk too !! Mine reverts to the power flow display though (MY24 Excel also).

yep exactly what mine does its very frustrating as I had setup 3 screens to show different things of use. Glad its not just me then

No it's Not Just You Marvin, Same on My MY24 Premier. Reported to Toyota (Hold Your Breath 🙂 ).

Also on the Car Info  Screen on the centre Display No Tyre Pressure Option Here as well. On My MY22 Premier it was an option along with Energy Monitor, Drive Information and Fuel Consumption screens ??

Maybe there is a link to why Tyre Pressure is not available on the Dash when powered off.

Best Regards

Steve

I also have this exact same problem!  Like @dash , mine also reverts to the power flow display.😞

@Wombat99 let us know if Toyota do get back to you please.

20 minutes ago, Wombat99 said:

No it's Not Just You Marvin, Same on My MY24 Premier. Reported to Toyota (Hold Your Breath 🙂 ).

Also on the Car Info  Screen on the centre Display No Tyre Pressure Option Here as well. On My MY22 Premier it was an option along with Energy Monitor, Drive Information and Fuel Consumption screens ??

Maybe there is a link to why Tyre Pressure is not available on the Dash when powered off.

Best Regards

Steve

how did you report this to Toyota as I will also report it as more people who report it the more it may get fixed

Will do, but don’t hold you breath to long 😂👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Marvin, I reported it to my dealer. Who is very helpful on problems like this. They have contacted Toyota on my behalf.

also other people have been reporting this to Toyota on other models with this new dash type. Corolla owners in this Toyota owners club have posted the same problem(with the same result. Nothing back from Toyota yet)

maybe a software update may solve it.

but having worked on software myself it’s not always easy to find why the code doesn’t work as expected. Or maybe it’s working as designed. Maybe Toyota have found issues with keeping the tyre pressure readings permanently on screen so deliberately kill it when you power down. Would be nice too tell you that in the userguide if that’s the case (Oh I forgot the userguide don’t show the new  information screens for the 24 year models we are driving Dooh!)

best regards

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From a software point of view, what is actually missing from the new dashboard display's settings is the ability to set a "default" type for any of the available screens so for the moment, you have to live with whatever Toyota decided should be the default display in each case...

Does the display only stay illuminated if the tyres are under pressure ?

Just now, Hadrian1 said:

Does the display only stay illuminated if the tyres are under pressure ?

No. It is nothing to do with the slow response time of the TPWS. You can set that screen up even before the valves have responded to a poll and you just get "--"'s in the display positions but once they have all responded to the polling, the actual pressures will show.

3 minutes ago, CPN said:

No. It is nothing to do with the slow response time of the TPWS. You can set that screen up even before the valves have responded to a poll and you just get "--"'s in the display positions but once they have all responded to the polling, the actual pressures will show.

I wasn't referring to the response time.  When you turn the ignition on the display will be lit

up like a Christmas tree, then when you start the car most if not all will go out. I wondered if

this applied to to the TPMS readings

Right. On initial switch on, the first thing that the system does is to check all the indicators/bulbs/icons and that they actually work. Once tested they all go out if not active (including the TPWS). In the particular case of the TPWS, if there was a warning lit up before the car was switched off, it will usually come up again in the same state even though the system may not have completed its polling of all the valves. At least in the new MY24 system, you don't have to even move the car before the TPWS reports the actually tyre pressures in real time (you don't now have to move the car even if you are re-initialising them after setting the correct pressures which you previously had to do with the MK3).

Edited by CPN
Correct a typo in bold

Why do you want to see it. If one of the tyres loses pressure a warning will come up on the dash.

8 hours ago, FLR said:

Why do you want to see it. If one of the tyres loses pressure a warning will come up on the dash.

True but I find it handy to be able to quickly switch to it (from the steering wheel controls) in order to make sure all is ok. I don't ordinarily have it displayed all the time whilst driving... It's also interesting to observe the wide temperature variations (and hence also pressure) whilst driving.

• Like 2

I always bring it up when my car goes BANG and I'm OMG DID THAT POTHOLE PUNCTURE MY TYRE oh no okay then.

• Haha 3

Don't get me started on potholes!! The A1 up here is dreadful!! 😡

• Like 1

Yeah... I sometimes wonder if anyone makes lift springs for a Yaris so I can have a higher ride-height :unsure:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah... I sometimes wonder if anyone makes lift springs for a Yaris so I can have a higher ride-height :unsure:

I think what we really need is hover jets in place of wheels from the state of the roads

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

i said I would let you know when Toyota got back to my dealership.

surprise surprise here is the reply

“I have attached a copy of Toyota's reply to the case we raised.
The response i am sure you will feel is negative but it seems this is the way the software in the combination meter was designed and at the moment there are no software updates available.
This however does not mean to say there won't be in the future.”
So as expected it’s the old “working as designed “
Other than the case is closed.
you never know they might issue a firmware fix in the future, but as they think it’s working as designed don’t hold you breath 🙂
best wishes to you all
Steve
  • Thanks 2

Hi guys

i said I would let you know when Toyota got back to my dealership.

surprise surprise here is the reply

“I have attached a copy of Toyota's reply to the case we raised.
The response i am sure you will feel is negative but it seems this is the way the software in the combination meter was designed and at the moment there are no software updates available.
This however does not mean to say there won't be in the future.”
had the picture removed had to many of my car details on it 🤪👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links