Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help ! What is this warning indication about?

DavidinDerbyshire

This happened occasionally with my 2019 Rav Hybrid and now it’s happening a lot with my new Rav PHEV.  When I get in the car to start a journey, sometimes but not always, the indication of a microphone with a cancellation appears on the information display. While it is there I cannot clear it or use any of the functions (such as stopping the RTA function). It disappears after a short while but it is annoying. I can find no reference to it anywhere in the handbook. It may be something to do with the iPhone in my pocket, or it may be something to do with the built-in microphones.   Answers please? 

IMG_3704.jpeg

Only guessing ... I've neither seen nor found that exact symbol ...

It suggests that a microphone is disabled. Since it has occurred with both your 2019 car and your 2024, it seems unlikely that it has anything to do with the car, and more likely that it relates to the iPhone in your pocket - a more likely common factor.

It really should cancel if you were to press the 'return' button on the steering wheel (as shown in the display). If it does not, it seems even more likely that it is caused by the 'phone rather than the car.

• Like 1

Being in your pocket, perhaps you are pressing the Siri activation button by mistake. 
take it out of your pocket and see if the error still occurs…

Never had it (but also don't have an iPhone) but remember reading lots of issues same as this before and it sounds like it's definitely a quirk of Siri. 

Here's an example on Reddit 

It seems like the only way to make it go away is to wake Siri then cancel, although someone suggests being able to disable pop up messages in the settings.

29 minutes ago, nlee said:

Never had it (but also don't have an iPhone) but remember reading lots of issues same as this before and it sounds like it's definitely a quirk of Siri. 

Here's an example on Reddit 

It seems like the only way to make it go away is to wake Siri then cancel, although someone suggests being able to disable pop up messages in the settings.

It certainly seems a Siri thing and I am grateful for the Reddit contributions but I am also “suffering” from what me be a related problem, the female voice with a message on the multimedia screen saying “I don’t understand….” Or something similar which seems to be triggered when a front seat passenger speaks. Is there a way to disable the mic above the passenger seat?   I don’t know whether the female voice is Siri because it seems the same voice that tells me there are roadworks a mile ahead…!!!

Going back to the microphone symbol, I have ruled out accidental pushing of phone buttons by holding the phone whilst getting into the drivers’ seat and placing it on the wireless charger.  My next step will be to turn Siri off (I shall miss her). 

2 minutes ago, DavidinDerbyshire said:

My next step will be to turn Siri off (I shall miss her). 

For the record, I have been turning females off  for several  decades. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, DavidinDerbyshire said:

For the record, I have been turning females off  for several  decades. 

Preach it bro :laugh: :crybaby:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links