Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spare Bulb Kit for Yaris Hybrid 2024 Premier Edition

Edward Melton

Can anyone direct me to the successful purchase of the recommended Spare Bulb Kit for Yaris Hybrid 2024 Premier Edition. Tried local Car dealer - not too successful, various Spares sites do not recognise recent Car Registration No.  Compulsory requirement for several counties in the European Union and obviously useful in the UK

You might have to make up your own kit but won’t they be led bulbs meaning it’s a new cluster ? 

• Like 1

Look in the owners manual - it should tell you which exterior lights are LED & not user replaceable meaning Toyota main dealer visit required. 

These are old thing’s perhaps not apply anymore or you can argue with authorities that new model cars comes equipped with LED which are build in lights, sealed units and they does not require bulb replacement. These apply for head lights, rear lights, turn signals, reverse  and in some models number plate bulbs too. If your number plates bulbs are standard filament w5w bulbs you can buy a set of two Osram are the best and put in your boot . Or if you are worrying about arguments just buy the cheapest spare set and put in the boot to please police if you been stopped. 

• Haha 1

They don't do them that's why

Headlamps are LED, wing repeater is an LED sealed unit. The rear lamps have LED bulbs which you can buy but they are £50-£55 each plus VAT

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Or if you are worrying about arguments just buy the cheapest spare set and put in the boot to please police if you been stopped. 

That has been the advice for a long time.  

Assuming you actually have a valid bulb set, there is no requirement to carry the appropriate tools to accomplish a bulb change.  

I think the logic may have been if you carry the right bulbs any garage can do a bulb change. 

It was probably a 'good idea' in case you drove a rare car such as a Morris or an Austin.

I seem to remember, back in the 70s, one was advised to carry oil, fan belts, Wiper Blades and spark plugs as well.

I used to have an AA multilingual pictorial guide to spare parts.  My daughter, temping for Valeo, put it to good use translating their manuals from French.

• Like 3

Alas as everyone has said the head lamps are a sealed unit so you couldn't replace the bulbs even id you wanted to.

A lot of people, including a friend who had quite an amusing (albeit not for him) story related to this, get around this problem by just buying some random bulbs and keeping them in the car - Apparently they don't care if the bulbs are actually for your car or not, just that you have them :laugh: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links