Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisy front brakes

Agentbeats

Hi everyone,I’m looking for some advice please. 2015 Aygo.

The front pads and discs were replaced when I bought it as it had a really bad judder under braking. Brakes been fine and silent since ( about 400 miles ).

Now when I brake I get a rubbing noise ( on and off, almost  as if the disk is warped, but no vibration) ??

anyone else had a similar issues ??

( thinking maybe a caliper slider might not be sliding as it should? )

Want to see if anyone has experienced and fixed a similar issue , before I go through with a warranty claim.

cheers 🤞

It might be worth feeling the front discs after a bit of a drive around. They could be hot (so be careful) but try and see if one feels really very hot and more importantly much hotter than the other one which might well indicate a stuck caliper.

In bad cases even the wheel will feel very warm to hot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Normal, I guessed?!?!

I work on my own car.  The last set of disc and pads were Brembo.  At hash braking condition, I often get rubbing / scrapping sound.  It would sound as if a spinning disc pressed against a grinding stone.

2 weeks ago, I changed the pads because they were low.  While I took it apart, there were no abnormality whatsoever.

Rusty brake disc with the rust rub away by the pads? 

Sub-optimal brake pad materials?

As long as it stops fine and its not metal to metal squeaking sound, I can live with it.

Did they fix the problem with the brakes or just replaced the discs and pads? 
You had a problem, stuck pistons or slider pins or both. If the mechanic didn’t clean and check all components and just fitted the new parts you a very likely have again bad judder because of these things above. 
You need a good mechanic who understand how things work, he need to take everything apart, clean rust and grease to bare metal from all surfaces, then check pistons for return, service or replace callipers , lube the slider pins , and fit everything dry without any grease anywhere. 
You will have good brakes after. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links