Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wireless CarPlay

George22

Anyone know if RAV4 2022 PHEV has wireless car play ? And how to get it to work. Thanks. 

Edited by George22
Text editing

No wireless car play. I use a Motorola A1 but this is for Android, there must be plenty of Car Play alternatives if this is the way you want to go.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George22 said:

Anyone know if RAV4 2022 PHEV has wireless car play ? And how to get it to work. Thanks. 

According to the brochure here  https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Toyota-Rav4-PHEV-2021-UK.pdf (dated june 2021) AA and Carplay are included on all grades. It is unclear whether that is wired or wireless. The previous years brochure (2020) for the non PHEV RAV4 states definitively that AA and Carplay are Wired only (there are third party adapters to convert wired to wireless and lots of discussion on this forum about it).

setting up the connection is relatively easy and Apple have a guide here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph6860e6b53/ios#:~:text=Make sure that your stereo,CarPlay%2C and select your car.

To address the OP’s question the 2022 RAV is definitely NOT wireless for AA or ACP.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that wireless ACP was introduced with the Toyota Smart Connect system. Conversely, it is not available with the earlier Toyota Touch systems.

Toyota Smart Connect was introduced to the RAV4 model range in the 2023 MY ...

I think ... 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iain_M said:

To address the OP’s question the 2022 RAV is definitely NOT wireless for AA or ACP.

OP was asking about the 2022 RAV PHEV which is a different spec and is wireless according to their documentation…

as i said in a previous post the RAV is wired only

1 hour ago, Paul john said:

OP was asking about the 2022 RAV PHEV which is a different spec and is wireless according to their documentation…

That depends ... if it were a 2022 MY RAV4 PHEV, ACP would be wired only. If it were a 2023 MY RAV4 PHEV with the Toyota Smart Connect system registered in the last quarter of 2022 it would support wireless ACP.

It all depends on the multimedia system fitted. Two knobs and eight buttons means it is a Toyota Touch system and ACP is wired only. One knob and no physical buttons means it is a Toyota Smart Connect system and should support wireless ACP. It is quite easy for the OP to check which system he has ...

23 minutes ago, philip42h said:

That depends ... if it were a 2022 MY RAV4 PHEV, ACP would be wired only. If it were a 2023 MY RAV4 PHEV with the Toyota Smart Connect system registered in the last quarter of 2022 it would support wireless ACP.

It all depends on the multimedia system fitted. Two knobs and eight buttons means it is a Toyota Touch system and ACP is wired only. One knob and no physical buttons means it is a Toyota Smart Connect system and should support wireless ACP. It is quite easy for the OP to check which system he has ...

Agreed change was october

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links