Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Rims Should I Put On My 1993 Toyota Corolla 1.6 GLI

CorollaRyda

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of modifying my rolla, so far I have tinted the windows, now I want to work on the wheels and maybe lower it a bit. The rims that came with the car don’t look good at all. I am fairly new to modifications but I’ve always been an old skool car enthusiast. I wanted to put on 14 or 15 inch BBS alloy rims on my rolla but I don’t know whether it will fit. I was wondering if you lot could help me because I don’t know many people with this version rolla. I have attached a photo of my rolla 🙂 if you have any recommendations of rims you reckon will look better send it my way 👌

IMG_3928.jpeg

• Haha 1

Once owned the liftback 1990 1.6 GLS auto, that was over 20 years ago! Didn't mod mine, it was a functional car, had it for 5 years. All the best with yours.

• Like 2

Just keep it original. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CorollaRyda said:

I wanted to put on 14 or 15 inch BBS alloy rims...

You could go as big as 16" if you wanted to. Some people find 17" or bigger will give you a harsh ride.

What is the standard wheel size for this model?

• Like 1

Is there an OE wheel you can put on it?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Once owned the liftback 1990 1.6 GLS auto, that was over 20 years ago! Didn't mod mine, it was a functional car, had it for 5 years. All the best with yours.

Nice bro I like the fact you maintained it for 5 years!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Just keep it original. 

Naa I have some free time so I might as well make it into a project car. I reckon it will look pretty good modded

16 hours ago, Xanadu_999 said:

You could go as big as 16" if you wanted to. Some people find 17" or bigger will give you a harsh ride.

What is the standard wheel size for this model?

Ikr I was actually thinking that bro! I might go for 15 or 16. I don’t want the wheels/rims to big because I want a smooth ride.  And am not to sure bro I got told to look on this website: https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/corolla/e100-1991-2002/eudm/#trim-vii-e100-1991-2002-16i--105 but am still a little bit confused

10 hours ago, Obsidian Estate said:

Is there an OE wheel you can put on it?

I bought the car with the original wheels & rims. There were only 2 owners so they didn’t do any modifications to the car. I was thinking maybe I should keep the tires but change the rims?

Sounds a nice old Toyota, and I hope you get it how you want it.

But a good thing to remember from the old skool thinking,is it's easy to spend a lot of money on ruining a car.

I am biased though, and like to keep originality as much as possible, so don't take any notice of me 😉, and have fun with your mods.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Sounds a nice old Toyota, and I hope you get it how you want it.

But a good thing to remember from the old skool thinking,is it's easy to spend a lot of money on ruining a car.

I am biased though, and like to keep originality as much as possible, so don't take any notice of me 😉, and have fun with your mods.

Hahaha I get you bro! I wasn’t planning on modifying the engine or anything, as you know these rollas are known for having long-lasting engines. I wanted the car to look more aesthetically pleasing 😎 I like originality too, but for a car like this I think it could look even better with small touch ups. (P.s it looked even more boring before without the tints)

Can't answer your exact question, but my thought on rims is smaller rim with deeper tyre = smoother ride. larger rims might look cool, but especially with today's roads give me more rubber every time!

I lean more to the 15s.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 11:36 AM, hubrad said:

Can't answer your exact question, but my thought on rims is smaller rim with deeper tyre = smoother ride. larger rims might look cool, but especially with today's roads give me more rubber every time!

I lean more to the 15s.

Thanks for your insight bro! I noticed some people prefer a larger tyre, in that case 15s are perfect - I have just picked up 16 inch bbs rims, luckily the seller provided them with PCD adapters, I will be posting an update once I’ve fitted them on soon 👌

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links