Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Panic !!

152bobby

An update: The next day the Battery state was even lower, car struggled to unlock, wouldn't unfold mirrors. Time for the AA again - booster did the job but had parking brake failure which eventually cleared. Mysteriously the centre multimedia screen started working again on it's own. Arriving at dealer to leave car on overnight charge they told me that the car probably shut the centre screen off to protect the cars other systems and rather than a fuse it was probably an indication of low voltage.

Waiting to hear now if they are going to replace the Battery, they say that they haven't changed many and don't expect to. As this is my 7th hybrid (yes, suppose I am addicted fan-boy) I do understand them and how to care for them. Haven't called out the AA to a Toyota ever and now twice in two days !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peterd23 said:

An update: The next day the battery state was even lower, car struggled to unlock, wouldn't unfold mirrors. Time for the AA again - booster did the job but had parking brake failure which eventually cleared. Mysteriously the centre multimedia screen started working again on it's own. Arriving at dealer to leave car on overnight charge they told me that the car probably shut the centre screen off to protect the cars other systems and rather than a fuse it was probably an indication of low voltage.

Waiting to hear now if they are going to replace the battery, they say that they haven't changed many and don't expect to. As this is my 7th hybrid (yes, suppose I am addicted fan-boy) I do understand them and how to care for them. Haven't called out the AA to a Toyota ever and now twice in two days !

Your Battery might get recharged by the dealers and pass the test just fine, however very likely it will die on you shortly after. Once a Battery goes down more than twice it’s clear indication that it is time for a new one. If they refuse to change under warranty, you can buy yourself a new Battery and take care afterwards and no need to have hassle with dealer service department. Less visits to dealers better for you and for your car. 👍

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Your battery might get recharged by the dealers and pass the test just fine, however very likely it will die on you shortly after. Once a battery goes down more than twice it’s clear indication that it is time for a new one. If they refuse to change under warranty, you can buy yourself a new battery and take care afterwards and no need to have hassle with dealer service department. Less visits to dealers better for you and for your car. 👍

It's a wee bit of a bummer if the dealers just simply charge a Battery so that it passes their test to not replace under warranty !!!!

• Like 1

Fully agree with you both. Fortunately the local dealer is one of the best for customer service with an excellent reputation. Although the Battery came back as good on both tests, on arrival and after overnight charge, they have ordered a new Battery and will keep the car until it has been fitted tomorrow. This is exactly what I wanted and if they hadn't agreed to this I would have followed TonyHSD's advice and bought one myself. 

• Like 5

Just now, Peterd23 said:

Fully agree with you both. Fortunately the local dealer is one of the best for customer service with an excellent reputation. Although the battery came back as good on both tests, on arrival and after overnight charge, they have ordered a new battery and will keep the car until it has been fitted tomorrow. This is exactly what I wanted and if they hadn't agreed to this I would have followed TonyHSD's advice and bought one myself. 

A bigger Battery or same spec as old Battery ?

20 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

A bigger battery or same spec as old battery ?

New spec made by Yuasa, not bigger

• Like 2

What Ah is this replacement  ?

ah the dealer special, nuke the Battery, test it as good and full send it, weak batteries on COVID cars are common - dont bother with a dealer on the mk4 yaris/Mk1 grumpy

• Like 1

All sorted now, Battery replaced under warranty so I have no idea of spec other than it is apparently a modified Battery, probably as Parts King suggested.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links