Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Sound System Quality

LeeP

Hi all,

We are hoping to purchase a new Aygo-X Exclusive and considering the JBL premium sound system upgrade.

Does anyone have this option? I can't seem to find many reviews on it. I am not looking for super-heavy bass, but would like a good sound quality. Maybe the standard sound system is good enough (not sure if this is also a JBL system).

Also I see that the the premium sub-woofer is boot-mounted in the spare wheel well, with a repair kit replacing a spare so need to weigh this up as well.

I have had JBL sound system in 4 Toyotas and it rocks compared to the stock sound system.

Good dynamic range and a 3 channel equaliser. 

The 9/10 speaker system is perfectly capable of handling higher outputs (hoon mode) and no distortion…

i would suggest at volumes over 40 you open the windows to stop them shuddering. 

If you don't want bass then you're in luck if it's anything like the one in my Mk4 Yaris, as it has worse bass response than the standard speaker set :laugh: 

If the Aygox's one has a proper subwoofer then it may be better, but the Yaris one doesn't, just slightly bigger Speakers in the doors, and they do not impress.

It sounds very balanced when you're not moving, but at motorway speeds it sounds thin and weedy as it doesn't compensate for the road noise and all the bass gets drowned out, whereas the standard Mk4 Yaris speaker set is the opposite - Far too bass heavy at low speeds but sounds great when you're battling road and wind noise.

I think you'll need to try and have a listen at them to see what it's like as it seems the setup varies greatly between cars...

Then again it may be there's something wrong with my one!!

19 hours ago, LeeP said:

Hi all,

We are hoping to purchase a new Aygo-X Exclusive and considering the JBL premium sound system upgrade.

Does anyone have this option? I can't seem to find many reviews on it. I am not looking for super-heavy bass, but would like a good sound quality. Maybe the standard sound system is good enough (not sure if this is also a JBL system).

Also I see that the the premium sub-woofer is boot-mounted in the spare wheel well, with a repair kit replacing a spare so need to weigh this up as well.

Hi, 

The JBL upgrade will definitely  sound better than the standard stereo however  remember that you are buying an economy small car and there will be difference between jbl in Aygo and jbl in rV4 or Corolla. 
Is it worth upgrading is only you to decide, you like better stereo system to spare tyre. 

Which Aygo Xs come with a spare as standard? The '23 Edge that we purchased had only a TRK so I had to order the spare separately afterwards.

As regards audio, the memsahib finds the standard system perfectly adequate for her needs which, admittedly, are not sophisticated or demanding.

• Like 1

Hi there, I've just taken delivery of an Exclusive auto and I'm surprised to find that the standard system is quite good.  I thought about the JBL system but decided to take a chance on the standard system after playing with the system a little on the test drive.  I've upped the mids and the bass is nearly all the way up, and through my phone and android auto, on Spotify and TIDAL it's actually surprisingly dynamic sounding.  I don't doubt the JBL will be better, but I've heard tell the sub installations don't really offer anything in the Aygo X when on the move.  

• Like 1

Took delivery of our new Exclusive yesterday and I can confirm the car with standard stereo doesn’t have a spare tyre. Standard sound system seems rather good and I believe you also lose boot space with the JBL woofer.

• Like 2

Thanks for all your replies, really helpful and much appreciated. I think we will stick with standard system and save a few ££!

• Like 1

When the car arrives, let us know how you find the sound system 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links