Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Number of seats???

Digg3r

Me again..... Just received my v5 for the Aygo and it says 5 seats. The car has 4 seatbelts 2 front, 2 back. Is this normal or am I missing a central belt? I can't find any evidence to suggest a central belt has been there at any point 🤔 Seems odd it's considered a five seater given the size too. My two youngest children only just fit comfortably in the back. 

that is a standard DVLA thing - 4 seat belts = 4 seats

Hi Carl,

I've checked on my V5 and it says "4 seats"

I don't think that it's anything to worry about as long as all the other details are correct. (Number of doors, engine size etc.)

Hey, I'm 6'4" and my seat is so far back it's on the stops about 1.5" from the rear bench so technically we don't have a back seat at all unless R2-D2 wants a lift!!! :biggrin:

All the best. :thumbsup:

Ok thanks. My v5 says 5 seats as does the specs when I set up insurance using the reg number. Everything else is as it should be  5 doors, well four and an oven door at the back 😂  1L 998cc engine. Just wanted to check I wasn't missing something. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it should say 4 seats, not 5, for the Aygo - I've read about someone who was pulled by the police for having 5 people in the car (Only 4 seat belts so very not-legal! :eek: )

I'm pretty sure the suspension would bottom out if you managed to get 5 people in there anyway :laugh: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links