Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How often do you change your wipers ?

Primus1

1 minute ago, Hybrid21 said:

Hi Alan, the thing is what happens is that you don't realise how bad your wipers are as you get used to them.

It's not until you change them and you say why didn't I do this a couple of years ago 😀

Mine don’t seem too bad, they still clear the screen, I was just  asking as it’s recommended you change them yearly..

• Like 1

I tend to only change them when they stop clearing the windscreen properly or start to split or make that horrible screeching noise, which was usually a year or 2, but ever since I changed to the PIAA wipers I've never had to change them!

I find normal rubber wipers tended to harden after a year or 2 of exposure to cycles of cold winters and strong UV in summer, which makes them much worse at clearing water and more susceptible to tearing, but the silicone ones are much more resilient and stay soft and pliable even when it's icy.

I also don't use them as much after a while, as they lay down a hydrophobic coating of silicone on the windscreen and I can often just turn the wipers off at speed and the water beads up and gets continually pushed off by the 60+mph air hitting it better than the wipers can clear it!

The only problem I'm having at the moment is there is a weird section in the middle of the windscreen which, for some reason, the coating has eroded from (It's where the two wipers cross over each others path) - Never had that happen before, but it means the middle of the windscreen doesn't bead off like the left and right sides! :confused1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

Hi Alan, the thing is what happens is that you don't realise how bad your wipers are as you get used to them.

It's not until you change them and you say why didn't I do this a couple of years ago 😀

Mine are working just fine.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links