Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mk2 C-HR Owners

ninanina

Bit inaccurate to say most are over 40k when only the GR Sport and the Premier Edition are - meaning the Icon, Design and Excel are not, with prices starting from £31300. 

Yes, there doesn’t appear to be a lot on the roads at the moment and I’ve probably only seen about 8 since I ordered mine in March.

All new car pricing has increased since lockdown and especially with hybrids being forced on us, Battery costs being a major contributor to this. Yes there are deals to be had but that’s been so for decades. I got almost £9k off my last new car in 2013 buying via a broker - a VW Touareg R-Line with a list back then of £53k and the equivalent model/spec today is about £71k.

As with any new car deal, you need to haggle and buy at the best price you can as dealers have margins to cover but you can buy new with a significant discount via a broker. The C-HR has been a success and a big seller for Toyota and there’s no doubt that won’t continue with the Mk 2 version. The political climate and uncertainty over fuel/energy prices both impact upon consumer choices and we live in a time where car ownership is being marginalised for environmental and agenda driven reasons. Autonomous cars are coming, whether we like it or not and sadly we are all paying more for the technology that will make that happen 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ninanina said:

I know that the next car is going to be expensive but I am seeing it as a very long term purchase and possibly even my last car so over time it will make good financial sense I think 

Which is why I am considering the latest C-HR 

Then you should choose whichever you prefer / fancy ...

The Mk2 C-HR is just that - it will be better than the Mk1 in almost every way, but only marginally so. And it is only a Mk 2 of an existing model so there is pretty much no risk of nasty surprises.

It's clear that the sales of the Mk2 have been slower than Toyota would have like - hence there are offers and discounts to be had on the Mk2. Equally, the Mk1 has now been superseded which should, logically anyway, impact the resale value of the Mk1 - so you should be able to find attractively priced, recent, examples of the Mk1.

My wife has a 2021 2.0 C-HR and recently test drove a 1.8 Mk2 which she thought was a very nice drive and not noticeable down on power - so, she'd be very happy driving a Mk2 instead. But we won't be changing just yet - why spend quite a lot more money on a car than is marginally better but, in reality, does exactly the same job her current car does?

Choose whichever you prefer - you can't lose ... 😉

• Like 6

I'm in the local Toyota main dealer later today while the missus picks up her new Yaris Cross.

I'll ask how new C-HR sales are going & why I as a MK1 C-HR owner have no interest in buying the new version 😉

1 minute ago, forkingabout said:

I'm in the local Toyota main dealer later today while the missus picks up her new Yaris Cross.

I'll ask how new C-HR sales are going & why I as a MK1 C-HR owner have no interest in buying the new version 😉

I like your faith...asking a salesperson to give you the truth.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can see from this example how much Toyota and other car companies are struggling to sell new cars...mainly it is the price as they have now got stupid but also people are keeping them longer.

Private sales this year to date are nearly down 10% (Toyota not as bad as HEV seems to be selling well) 

This is one of the most discounted vehicles on Motorfinity(broker for NHS Police Armed services etc of which i could buy from) so all i am saying is that there are very large discounts available...to some people it won't matter as it will be on PCP or like the original poster a long term buy.

However for someone buying private with cash and trading in in 3 to 4 years you really need to get a massive discount.

Plus i am sorry but i am not paying luxury road tax for 3rd world roads.

Toyota C-HR Hatchback

2.0 Hybrid Premiere Edition 5dr Cvt

A stylish, coupe-like crossover known for its striking design, hybrid efficiency, and responsive handling.
  • Full range of specifications and colours available
  • Low rate finance available – HP and PCP
  • Part-Exchange Service
  • Nationwide delivery to your home

Saving

£9,175

Price from

£33,555

Finance Options Available

Please Enquire to find out more

I work for Toyota with access to the employee purchase scheme & can't get discounted prices that low.

You can blame RRP hikes on PCP , very few people “buy” a car outright, so  how many folk look at the RRP (unless is close to £40k) ,  I’d guess most folk only look at deposit and monthly payment numbers 🤔. If they can afford the monthly payment who cares what it costs , other than the more expensive it is the more the monthly payment, but if it’s in your budget 🤷‍♂️. As for the price hike on the new gen CHR there is a lot of new tech on these which wasn’t on the first gen , but virtually every manufacturer is raising prices 🤷‍♂️

The world economy dictates the car prices. 
Currently there is no demand for new cars at all. 
UK is probably at its worst times ever. People don’t spend on new cloths anymore , not mentioning a cars. 
Dealers are closing big time. Shopping centres too. 
Toyota and all other cars aren’t more expensive because they have more tech inside, it’s just the money has no value anymore and people are generally speaking less able to afford new cars, unless company, fleet or lease purchases with massive employees insensitive. 

I will be a cash buyer with a trade-in.  It all comes down to how much it will cost to change to the C-HR rather than monthly payments

If the figures stack up then I will be happy to buy but I’m also prepared to walk away if not 

• Like 1

Speaking to salesperson earlier, she mentioned several mk1 C-HR owners have passed comment they don't like the new version of the C-HR & wouldn't buy one.

These customer feedback comments do go back to Toyota for future improvements.

Also discussing the theft issue - they recommend Auto watch Ghost if a customer wants an immobiliser.

Also they still have no news on the official fix from Toyota yet.

32 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Speaking to salesperson earlier, she mentioned several mk1 C-HR owners have passed comment they don't like the new version of the C-HR & wouldn't buy one.

These customer feedback comments do go back to Toyota for future improvements.

Also discussing the theft issue - they recommend Auto watch Ghost if a customer wants an immobiliser.

Also they still have no news on the official fix from Toyota yet.

I guess not everyone likes the rather futuristic look of the new model, however I think it looks pretty cool and certainly different 

At least there’s some sort of solution to the theft issue but a shame that Toyota hasn’t made a fix yet 

• Like 1

I’m going to my dealer tomorrow to see the Mk2 ex-demo they have available

I will report back with my thoughts etc tomorrow evening 

• Thanks 1

I don't mind the new shape. It's the (what I think is) awful two tone paintwork on the 2.0 litre models that puts me off. I'm not at all keen on the 1.8, so I'm not sure what I'll be getting when I need to replace my current C-HR, but at this stage it won't be one of the new ones. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I don't mind the new shape. It's the (what I think is) awful two tone paintwork on the 2.0 litre models that puts me off. I'm not at all keen on the 1.8, so I'm not sure what I'll be getting when I need to replace my current C-HR, but at this stage it won't be one of the new ones. 

I’m not a huge fan of the two tone paintwork either but didn’t realise all 2.0 have that I thought it had to be chosen as an option 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ninanina said:

I’m not a huge fan of the two tone paintwork either but didn’t realise all 2.0 have that I thought it had to be chosen as an option 

Almost but not quite ... Toyota (UK) believe that the bi-tone paintwork is smarter / sportier so that option is included in the price of the Excel, GR Sport and Premiere Edition grades. And, currently in the UK, the 2.0L power unit is available only with the GR Sport and Premiere Edition HEV (and all PHEV grades).

So, if you really wanted a Mk 2, 2.0, without bi-tone paintwork, your only option would be a Design PHEV ...

If you are spec'ing a car to order you can accentuate the bi-tone finish by choosing a lighter colour paintwork or tone it right down by choosing a darker colour paintwork (with Decuma grey it will pretty much disappear).

But I suspect that your choice is between the ex-demonstrator currently on offer or a more radical rethink ... ? 😉

• Like 2

Well I’ve been to the dealer and seen the ex-demo model they have 

I loved the look of it and loved the drive too and I’m sure the 1.8 would be great as it’s pretty brisk, much better than my Prius 

However the first thing I noticed when driving it was lots of rattles coming from the dash.  There was all sorts of buzzes going on which would drive me crazy as my Prius has no rattles at all 

The car has only done 3k miles so it’s only going to get worse with a few more miles on it 

I did get a cost to change and it wasn’t too bad but came away a little disappointed to be honest 

Now I’m not sure what I’m going to do 

• Confused 1

@ninanina

Would you consider a nearly new honda civic hybrid? They get excellent reviews from Whatcar and Carwow. Just a thought. It would be my choice if it would fit in my garage. 

https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/used-cars/approved-cars/honda/civic/20-i-mmd-184ps-sport-hybrid-1993cc-r1dbr24

https://youtu.be/uLjIHThQRtY?si=sblNH_cWrEfxh4hV

30 minutes ago, Chas G said:

@ninanina

Would you consider a nearly new honda civic hybrid? They get excellent reviews from Whatcar and Carwow. Just a thought. It would be my choice if it would fit in my garage. 

https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/used-cars/approved-cars/honda/civic/20-i-mmd-184ps-sport-hybrid-1993cc-r1dbr24

https://youtu.be/uLjIHThQRtY?si=sblNH_cWrEfxh4hV

Thanks for the suggestion Chas but I really want to stick with Toyota and as I know my local dealer very well I know they will look after me 

Also Honda are currently having some reliability issues, the most serious being brake failure, but Honda UK are not issuing a recall for it. I’ve heard some real horror stories with people having to pay £1,000’s to fix it on cars that are still under warranty and with very low mileage 

It might be that I look for a very late Mk1 C-HR as they have always impressed me and I don’t remember any rattles 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, ninanina said:

It might be that I look for a very late Mk1 C-HR as they have always impressed me and I don’t remember any rattles 😉

Remember the MK2 C-HR you tested is a first year of production model, always best to avoid anything newly released to the market as build quality problems will always arise - just as they did when the MK1 C-HR was released. 

Be careful with late MK1 C-HR as some standard equipment was removed ( Excel heated steering wheel ) & factory fitted options where stopped a few months before production finished. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Remember the MK2 C-HR you tested is a first year of production model, always best to avoid anything newly released to the market as build quality problems will always arise - just as they did when the MK1 C-HR was released. 

Be careful with late MK1 C-HR as some standard equipment was removed ( Excel heated steering wheel ) & factory fitted options where stopped a few months before production finished. 

I think you might be right about it being a build quality issue as it was a very early Mk2 registered in 2023

An Excel not having a heated steering wheel wouldn’t put me off buying it as long as the rest of the car ticked all the boxes 

6 hours ago, philip42h said:

So, if you really wanted a Mk 2, 2.0, without bi-tone paintwork, your only option would be a Design PHEV

But then I lose the other options of the higher spec models, which are important to me. I have to select these as optional extras, but can't see the BSM.

I do like the bi-tone paintwork of the Excel, but not the GR Sport or Premier edition.

• Like 1

@ninanina

My C-HR was ordered in April and collected at the end of May. Admittedly I ain't done a thousand miles yet, but I have no rattles from anywhere that I have noticed, (touch wood - ouch!). It is a lovely quiet and smooth car, as I think I might have mentioned. 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Big_D said:

But then I lose the other options of the higher spec models, which are important to me. I have to select these as optional extras, but can't see the BSM.

I do like the bi-tone paintwork of the Excel, but not the GR Sport or Premier edition.

Even the Design spec I looked at today has BSM as standard 

• Like 2

Thanks Bev. I couldn’t see it listed

Hello CassUK,

I know the US versions are different from the UK’s. So nothing I say matters as to the specs for the cars there. The USA has discontinued the C-HR here altogether, and they were only offered with the 2.0L engine. I leased a 2018 for my wife and she loved it! In the US the car is only rated 27/33mpg, city/hwy, but the 2021 Nightshade edition I purchased is getting an average of 45mpg . I’m just babbling on now. But I am happy to see that the car lives on in the UK. I think the Nightshade equivalent is a XLE but it’s murdered out in all black.

Good luck,

mysftail

IMG_0369.jpeg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links