Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mk2 C-HR Owners

ninanina

@ninanina...........I have been waiting patiently for the next installment???? 😁

No rattles in my 22 Yaris Cross with 17k miles on the clock.

Today I discovered that you can lower and raise the windows buy using the fob. Just hold the unlock or lock buttons respectively. 

• Like 3

I believe that option has to be set up by the dealer, or by using one of them OBD thingywotsits. My C-HR does not open/close the windows by using the fob - because I forgot to ask for it to be set up when I bought the car! 🙄. (Will remember for first service).

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 5:43 PM, Chas G said:

@TonyHSD I have noticed that a used Toyota Yaris Cross loses a lot less money than a Chr. Friend has just traded in his 1 year old 1.8 Chr to Even Beagell for 50% less than he paid for it.

Absolute nonsense to trade in a 1 year old car - the dealer has had his pants down, even allowing for the new model being out 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CassUK said:

Absolute nonsense to trade in a 1 year old car - the dealer has had his pants down, even allowing for the new model being out 🤦‍♂️

He couldnt live with the poor rear visibility or the black hole of Calcutta in the back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chas G said:

He couldnt live with the poor rear visibility or the black hole of Calcutta in the back.

Surely these issues where spotted on the original test drive - so why did he buy it in the first place?

• Like 2

Unfortunately he didn't realise on the test drive. After a few days he decided he didn't want it but obviously a bit late then.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chas G said:

Unfortunately he didn't realise on the test drive. After a few days he decided he didn't want it but obviously a bit late then.

Out of interest was the test drive with some salesperson sat at the side and 10 mins around a few miles they always use or did they just fill it up and hand over the keys and let them have as long as they wanted on their own? 

30 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

Out of interest was the test drive with some salesperson sat at the side and 10 mins around a few miles they always use or did they just fill it up and hand over the keys and let them have as long as they wanted on their own? 

It does make a big difference...my Golf was hand me the keys and try and be back in an hour but the Corolla was a set route with a passenger and although i knew the car was right i wanted to floor the ecvt to see if it was as bad as some testers make out(it wasn't)

However i did have a test drive booked with the Lexus dealer next door and i knew the boot was small (UX) so the first thing i did was open the tailgate and then said to the salesman i won't bother with the test drive.😀

Sometimes you have to have an idea of what you want.

Same with the CHR you have...not sure i can live with the constant bongs and having no rear wiper but if the test drive was long enough and it was raining then i could make an informed choice.

I have been lucky i have never bought a car and then had to sell it quickly but i have many friends who have because they have read reviews on line and never even driven the car.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MC1216 said:

It does make a big difference...my Golf was hand me the keys and try and be back in an hour but the Corolla was a set route with a passenger and although i knew the car was right i wanted to floor the ecvt to see if it was as bad as some testers make out(it wasn't)

However i did have a test drive booked with the Lexus dealer next door and i knew the boot was small (UX) so the first thing i did was open the tailgate and then said to the salesman i won't bother with the test drive.😀

Sometimes you have to have an idea of what you want.

Same with the CHR you have...not sure i can live with the constant bongs and having no rear wiper but if the test drive was long enough and it was raining then i could make an informed choice.

I have been lucky i have never bought a car and then had to sell it quickly but i have many friends who have because they have read reviews on line and never even driven the car.

Our local Toyota / Lexus dealer is very good , they put plenty of fuel in , settle you in the car and say “come back when you’re ready, we want you to be happy it’s the right car for you” 👍. I have a local “test route” I use which takes about an hour , includes MWay , hills , town , local village with 12 speed humps, and usually call home and test fit in our garage. If a dealer won’t let me have a car for at least an hour I walk away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndyRC said:

10-15 minutes with the salesman.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chas G said:

10-15 minutes with the salesman.

With a car you’re not familiar with for me that’s not long enough. Never ceases to amaze me how some dealers expect you to make a huge financial decision with so little time behind the wheel. 

• Like 2

Yeah, it's no good unless the salesman lets you go on your own route - Whenever I've been on test drives the salesman just takes you on a prescribed route which doesn't let you test anything in the car other than that it starts, moves and stops. They wouldn't even let me take it on the motorway, claiming their insurance didn't cover that (Hmmm... :g: )

I was lucky the other dealer I went to the launch event at is on a fast dual-carriageway so I got to launch the test Mk4 to get a feel for it :naughty: although the salesman told me not to do that again :whistling1: before we settled down for a more pedestrian pre-planned route.

In contrast almost all the third-party dealers I've looked at cars with just threw the keys at me and told me to get it back within a few hours - Often they didn't even come with me! :laugh: 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 4:22 PM, Chas G said:

I have never found the rear view to be a problem. If the mirrors are adjusted correctly this shouldn't be an issue. Think of how van drivers see what is behind them They have no rear windows.

On 7/6/2024 at 10:36 AM, AndyRC said:

When I bought my C-HR, I was allowed out without a Sales Person in attendance. I was free tp take the car where I wanted, for as long as I wanted (within reason). The same is trues when we bought the Yaris, and went for a test drive in the new C-HR. At no time were we accompanied by any sales staff.

Maybe we have honest faces 😁

• Like 2

On 7/7/2024 at 11:13 AM, Big_D said:

I have never found the rear view to be a problem. If the mirrors are adjusted correctly this shouldn't be an issue. Think of how van drivers see what is behind them They have no rear windows.

When I bought my C-HR, I was allowed out without a Sales Person in attendance. I was free tp take the car where I wanted, for as long as I wanted (within reason). The same is trues when we bought the Yaris, and went for a test drive in the new C-HR. At no time were we accompanied by any sales staff.

Maybe we have honest faces 😁

Definitely 👍😂. TBH our local dealership, JRT in Hull , are very good when it comes to sales , no pressure and plenty of time on your own to decide. They always say we want you to be happy with the car , and of course  , eventually buy another one , which we have , twice.  

As for the rear view , try one with the digital rear view mirror, the difference is amazing. Yes the camera occasionally needs a quick wipe with a cloth in between washes but it’s no big deal. 

3 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Definitely 👍😂

As for the rear view , try one with the digital rear view mirror, the difference is amazing. Yes the camera occasionally needs a quick wipe with a cloth in between washes but it’s no big deal. 

If you push the wiper switch away from you there is what normally is a rear screen washer. But on the New CHR it squirts a jet of water at the rear view mirror camera lens. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyRC said:

I suggested a periscope.

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 4:43 PM, Yorkboy said:

If you push the wiper switch away from you there is what normally is a rear screen washer. But on the New CHR it squirts a jet of water at the rear view mirror camera lens. 

👍Everyday is a school day 😊 I  didn’t know that ,we’ve got a 120 mile round trip today  on mainly motorways , which will be wet , so will give that a try 😎

Update. Tried the rear camera wash on a very wet motorway trip and it works a treat 👍😎

Edited by AndyRC
Updated post

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having a good look at the new model, it has grown on me to the point I may well buy one in the future. I am confused though, I don’t like the rear end in black, could one of you guys tell me does the excel model come without that black back end. I have seen one with it on line. I thought it was just the top 2 models ie GR that came with this colour scheme. I like the bi tone as in just the roof in black. Than you, Roger.

15 minutes ago, Roger F said:

I don’t like the rear end in black, could one of you guys tell me does the excel model come without that black back end. I have seen one with it on line. I thought it was just the top 2 models ie GR that came with this colour scheme.

The current price list suggests that your thinking is correct. The GR Sport and Premiere Edition come with Bi-tone+ - i.e. an Astral Black roof and rear quarter as standard. The Excel comes as Bi-tone as standard - just the black roof.

The Excel hybrid comes as a 1.8L only - if you want 2.0L performance to have to go to the PHEV or GR Sport / Premiere Edition.

9 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The current price list suggests that your thinking is correct. The GR Sport and Premiere Edition come with Bi-tone+ - i.e. an Astral Black roof and rear quarter as standard. The Excel comes as Bi-tone as standard - just the black roof.

The Excel hybrid comes as a 1.8L only - if you want 2.0L performance to have to go to the PHEV or GR Sport / Premiere Edition.

Thanks, I would prefer 2 litre as I have now and the previous Corolla I owned. 1.8 sounds ok though, I don’t want to get over the 40k and pay the extortionate road tax, think that needs to go up a bit with the price rises on new cars now

Is the new CHR really like this?

Please watch the video until the end. 

LINK:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually enjoyed that review 👍

I've looked round a GR Sport in the showroom & it's not for me.

It just looks fugly.

Missus said the front view remained her of

SIdSloth2.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Marjan said:

Is the new CHR really like this?

Please watch the video until the end. 

LINK:

Thank you for posting the video. Sums up what a friend had to say about his 23 Chr.

I have had my new CHR 6 months, and don't recognise the complaints shown in the video. My CHR is a 1.8 Excel FWD so not a direct comparison. I gave my 2019 RAV4 to my son because he carries a lot of filming equipment around.

I wondered if I had been a little rash offering him the car. But I am really happy with the CHR and wouldn't go back. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links