Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.8L vs 2.0l 12v Battery

W1P30UT

I know the 1.8L has the Battery under the bonnet, while the  2.0L has it in the boot. However is there a difference in the size of the 12v Battery.

I found this on a search.

"The Toyota Corolla 2.0 indeed has a larger 12V Battery compared to the 1.8 version. Specifically, if you’re using a 2019 model with an 2.0L engine, it requires a Group 47/345CCA variant battery. In contrast, the 1.8L engine in the same year’s Corolla uses a Group 35 battery with a 355 CCA rating. So, the 2.0L version has a slightly more robust battery to power its systems."

Can anyone confirm?

2 hours ago, W1P30UT said:

I know the 1.8L has the battery under the bonnet, while the  2.0L has it in the boot. However is there a difference in the size of the 12v battery.

I found this on a search.

"The Toyota Corolla 2.0 indeed has a larger 12V battery compared to the 1.8 version. Specifically, if you’re using a 2019 model with an 2.0L engine, it requires a Group 47/345CCA variant battery. In contrast, the 1.8L engine in the same year’s Corolla uses a Group 35 battery with a 355 CCA rating. So, the 2.0L version has a slightly more robust battery to power its systems."

Can anyone confirm?

If you go to the Yuasa website and search for your vehicle it shows a number of choices for both the 1.8 and 2.0 variants. 

both the 2019 and 2024 in either the 1.8 or 2.0 varients show the same Battery
one main difference would be that if the Battery is in the boot it would have to be of the sealed type, thus not letting any gasses escape into the cabin area. 
if the Battery is in the bonnet you don’t need to worry about that.

sealed batteries tend to be more expensive. 

IMG_0009.png

IMG_0010.png

IMG_0011.png

IMG_0012.png

My 2024 1.8 has a Varta Battery, just 45Ah and CCA 286A.  Standard maintenance-free type (not AGM).   If someone with a 2024 2.0 would take a look you would at least know how they come out of the factory at the moment. 

One thing is for sure, when I change it I'll source the best rated Battery that will fit.

1 hour ago, Paul john said:

both the 2019 and 2024 in either the 1.8 or 2.0 varients show the same battery
one main difference would be that if the battery is in the boot it would have to be of the sealed type, thus not letting any gasses escape into the cabin area. 

Does the Corolla 2 litre hybrid not have a Battery vent tube?

My 2 litre hybrid C-HR also has the Battery in the boot & has a vent tube fitted to allow the fumes to escape outside from the passenger cabin. 

57 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Does the Corolla 2 litre hybrid not have a battery vent tube?

My 2 litre hybrid C-HR also has the battery in the boot & has a vent tube fitted to allow the fumes to escape outside from the passenger cabin. 

Pass

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Does the Corolla 2 litre hybrid not have a battery vent tube?

My 2 litre hybrid C-HR also has the battery in the boot & has a vent tube fitted to allow the fumes to escape outside from the passenger cabin. 

Yes, our 2020 Corolla 2.0 estate has the Battery in the boot, fitted with a vent tube. 

Our C-HR 1.8 and Corolla 2.0 both use exactly the same size and spec of 12V Battery (012 UK size). 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links