Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

YC Lighter Sockets

152bobby

I've just noticed that both the front and rear cigarette lighter sockets are not working !!

Are they on the same circuit/fuse ?

Did you check in Ready mode ?  Sockets are only live in Ready mode.

After my cock up the other day, I do NOTHING unless this car is in READY mode.  I'm just going to try and find the fuse.

• Like 2

Yet another so called simple task...what fuse is for the cigarette sockets ?

17187286069678728468210815372455.jpg

• Haha 2

The 12v socket fuse is inside the car under the glove box. Requires a bendy spine to get to. I don't have access to the photo just now but think it was included here 

• Like 1

Yeah, assuming it's similar to the normal yaris, there is a flimsy black plastic cover above the passenger footwell, held in by 2 clips at the front and 3 spikey things at the back - If you press the clips it should drop down, and you should be able to find the interior fuse box.

It may be easier to lie upside-down in the seat while doing this or be a contortionist :laugh: 

• Haha 1

The fuse may well be marked as '12v ACC'. If I have a photograph, I will add it a bit later.

7 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

The fuse may well be marked as '12v ACC'. If I have a photograph, I will add it a bit later.

I 'piggybacked' my Dashcam into the fuse box on my 2023 Yaris Cross. This photograph shows just where and, as I said, I believe it was into the '12v ACC' fuse way. As has been mentioned, the fuse box is under the glove box. Hopefully the photograph will be of some use.

IMG_1682.JPG

N.B. Yes, I know, there is a fuse missing from the 'piggy back'. 😉

Edited by dannyboy413
added a bit
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look in the morning, as I have had some vino on the patio and I have to get my back geared up for bending in there 😄👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If it the same as 2020HLDJE5835.thumb.JPG.03a769f290da6229ef2c6e3c7baeeeed.JPG

year Yaris then yellow is front accesory fuse the one below this is the rear with a digonal line in it.

2 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look in the morning, as I have had some vino on the patio and I have to get my back geared up for bending in there 😄👌

Just remember when you go on Google tomorrow Chiropractor starts with a C not a K 🤪

• Haha 4

Yes, it was the fuse and not a easy location at all

Why it blew, who knows, maybe the wireless charging pad I'm using, so I may stop using that.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links