Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Register my Multimedia system & warranty

Juedan2011

I installed the MyToyota app for my 21 reg Toyota Yaris hybrid I've had nearly 3 weeks now.

I put the vin number in from the V5 but it's showing the old car registration, I have put my private plate on it now and that's the details I used from the V5 document.  

How would I change the reg on the app?

Also it shows to register your multimedia - I can't see my unit from the photos it provides...nor can I find the number it's asking for

Does the multimedia unit need updating? I don't have any navigation on it...I just use Android Auto 

Also the car was serviced by the garage I bought it from ...a non Toyota dealer and that service is not showing either on the app

Finally is it worth bothering with the app...I did install another Toyota app but it said My Toyota was the one I needed 

1 minute ago, Juedan2011 said:

Also the car was serviced by the garage I bought it from ...a non Toyota dealer and that service is not showing either on the app

A non-Toyota dealer won't have access to the Toyota service history database - so the service won't have been recorded on the Toyota system.

13 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

A non-Toyota dealer won't have access to the Toyota service history database - so the service won't have been recorded on the Toyota system.

I was trying to find out how the extended 10 year warranty worked when I bought the car but couldn't get a clear answer 

It has 3 month warranty left from the standard 3 year warranty but then if you get it serviced every year it extends the Toyota warranty?

I was told that because it had a recent service before I bought it from the garage I got it from that it was covered for another year and I would just service it in a years time or 10,000 miles to get the extended warranty for up to 10 years is it if I service it every year? I can go to a nob Toyota dealership to get this done to be covered?

Do you know anything about this or can give me any advice about it?

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, Juedan2011 said:

I was trying to find out how the extended 10 year warranty worked when I bought the car but couldn't get a clear answer 

It has 3 month warranty left from the standard 3 year warranty but then if you get it serviced every year it extends the Toyota warranty?

I was told that because it had a recent service before I bought it from the garage I got it from that it was covered for another year and I would just service it in a years time or 10,000 miles to get the extended warranty for up to 10 years is it if I service it every year? I can go to a nob Toyota dealership to get this done to be covered?

Do you know anything about this or can give me any advice about it?

First question - when in 2021 was it first registered?

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

First question - when in 2021 was it first registered?

Aug 21

Just now, Juedan2011 said:

Aug 21

OK. In June 2021 the Toyota new car warranty changed and the Relax service generated extended warranty (the 10 year warranty you referred to) was introduced.

Prior to June 2021 and for cars ordered before 1st June 2021, the new car warranty was 5 years/100,000 miles.

For cars ordered on or after 1st June 2021, the new car warranty was 3 years/60,000 miles.

A car first registered in August 2021, may have been ordered before the 1st June 2021, and thus may have the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty. So you need to check with a Toyota dealer (service?) which new car warranty yours has.

1). If your car has the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, then it won't be eligible for the Relax service generated warranty until the car is serviced by a Toyota dealer near to the end of the new car warranty.

2). If you have the remainder of the 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty, then your car will be eligible for Relax before the new car warranty expires, and will need to be serviced by a Toyota dealer to generate the Relax warranty.

3). Only a service by a Toyota dealer can generate the Relax warranty - so if your car was serviced by the non-Toyota dealer you bought it off, that won't have generated the Relax warranty.

43 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

OK. In June 2021 the Toyota new car warranty changed and the Relax service generated extended warranty (the 10 year warranty you referred to) was introduced.

Prior to June 2021 and for cars ordered before 1st June 2021, the new car warranty was 5 years/100,000 miles.

For cars ordered on or after 1st June 2021, the new car warranty was 3 years/60,000 miles.

A car first registered in August 2021, may have been ordered before the 1st June 2021, and thus may have the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty. So you need to check with a Toyota dealer (service?) which new car warranty yours has.

1). If your car has the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, then it won't be eligible for the Relax service generated warranty until the car is serviced by a Toyota dealer near to the end of the new car warranty.

2). If you have the remainder of the 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty, then your car will be eligible for Relax before the new car warranty expires, and will need to be serviced by a Toyota dealer to generate the Relax warranty.

3). Only a service by a Toyota dealer can generate the Relax warranty - so if your car was serviced by the non-Toyota dealer you bought it off, that won't have generated the Relax warranty.

I think it was confirmed that it was 3 years by Toyota 

They told me that so long as when it was serviced genuine Toyota parts etc were used then that service was ok to count so I wouldn't need it serviced until may next year.

Again can't get any clear answers from Toyota when I was on the chat about the warranty 

Is it worth doing for that 10 years or just get it serviced at regular intervals, say by my local garage who will be doing the MOT at the same time?

To be honest, you need to check with the service department of your Toyota dealer, rather than a chat, who should be able to confirm which new car warranty it has (ie. 3 years or 5 years).

10 minutes ago, Juedan2011 said:

They told me that so long as when it was serviced genuine Toyota parts etc were used then that service was ok to count so I wouldn't need it serviced until may next year.

That is the case to maintain the new car warranty.

Relax is an extended warranty, is different to the new car warranty and qualifying services need to be done by a Toyota dealer. See:

Toyota warranty – how it works - Toyota UK Magazine

10 minutes ago, Juedan2011 said:

Is it worth doing for that 10 years or just get it serviced at regular intervals, say by my local garage who will be doing the MOT at the same time?

That's your choice.

Topic moved to the Yaris forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links