Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Decating Rev1 Turbo

tony4

I'm deciding to get my car decat with an aussie type decat.

As I have experience on a N/A car (Paseo), very revvy but lose all the torque at the lower end...

Can someone tell me what will happen on my turbo car.

it will free up a few horses improve exhaust note but will make it hardeer o emissons for mot ( if the tubbys listed in testing book not sure) if not no problems at all mate

NA's need back pressure .. it helps with the cam timing and gets more air into the cylinders ..

With a Turbo, it's compeatly different - there is no cam overlap and you just need the exhaust to be as free flowing at possible ..

Catalytic converters weren't invented for performance but for environmental reasons. If it wasn't for the fact that they prevent a number of horrible chemicals entering the atmosphere, they'd be completely useless. Due to their design, they're very restrictive which can be a problem when all those exhaust gases want to escape quickly.

The benefits of a having a DeCat are improved fuel economy, faster spool-up of the turbo, and more power.

Back Pressure in a N/A car is good

Back Pressure in a Turbo car is bad. The more free flowing the better IMO

HTH

:thumbsup:

looks like no cons at all then......may get it done soon then... if i get more credit on the card... :hokus-pokus: :hokus-pokus:

with that done.... 15psi should be ok then....

£25 - Fuel cut defender

£20 - Boost controller

£150 - Decat

:yes:

what BHP and torque will I get then ? 450bhp + 500lb ??

I just got a powerdrill put through the cat ..

and a rev1/2 @ 15 psi .. well mine is only 250 cause my turbo is on the way out .. it should be closer to 280 with a good condition turbo ..

damn.... I don't want to abuse my turbo....what is the results of ur turbo is on it's way out? too much boost?

damn.... I don't want to abuse my turbo....what is the results of ur turbo is on it's way out? too much boost?

nope .. not enough boost .. and covered in oil ..

I get ful boost but it eases off at high revs .. so I'm hitting massive torque, but I can't keep it at the hight revs and therefore the BHP is down ..

eh??? same as me then...

get max power around 5000rpm then drop at 6000rpm... is that mean>??!!!! :eek:

I guess maybe it's the overfuelling to protect the turbo and engine?

The turbo will just go with age. Early wear can be caused by non regular oil changes and not letting the turbo/oil cool after use amongst many other things.

The turbo should last a long time tho over 100k miles if looked after and the good news is there are lots of available rebuilt, hybrid etc options should you want a new one.. And - they aren't all that expensive which is nice.

Re: Decat: I was told by Dastek in fife that if you remove the cat and get a map done with incresed boost then it will result in more torque higher up the range, but if you leave the cat on it will yeild more in the mid range where it is more useable.

Now I had always just assumed that no cat is better than a cat on a forced induction engine so not sure what to do about getting a de cat now. I found out today I could get a powerflow decat setion custom made to add to my mongoose exhaust for only 80 quid. Not sure if this is a good idea and whether or not I should go for a more expensive aftermarket version - any ideas?

My Mr2 is a rev 2 and gave 230bhp flywheel 12 months ago with following mods: blitz induction, mongoose cat back and rest standard. This sounds good to me as if I can get a decat hopefully coudl get up to 5-10bhp more and then boost to 14/15 psi should be giving the higher with these mods.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links