Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth Call Volume

scabad

I have done a search this evening and can't find anything related to this so apologies if it has been raised before - if so can someone please point me in the right direction.

Today when on a call to a friend she complained that the call volume from my car was really low.
While waiting to see if the updates were pushed to the car via the house wifi, I looked through the settings to see if I could see any settings - I couldn't.
When I had waited 30 mins and playing with the internet radio problem (if interested please see my other posts). I had a look in the hidden menu on the car
(If you haven't found this select settings display switch the display off now swipe left to right five (5) times and right to left five (5) times)
I then went into check the microphone volume when speaking it registered one bar on both drivers and passengers microphones.

Does anyone know how to increase the sensitivity of the microphones?

Again Thanks in advance

Have you tried the volume control on the steering wheel (LHS on my 2019 Corolla)? That's what my infotainment manual appears to say, though it may only apply to the incoming call?  Or is the  microphone location covered, or perhaps one of the reasons given on this page occurred at that time? Screenshot_20240621_161733_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.030a6f413fc19e0bb1cc35c8df1b27e7.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, I’d call someone else to see how they find the volume level from your car. It could well have been an issue with your friend’s reception. No one has mentioned an issue with volume to me and I use it regularly.

If you don’t mind expanding on the 5 swipes thing that would be appreciated. I just need to turn up the sound of my indicators and I'm hoping that’s in the hidden menu as I’m a bit deaf and struggle to hear them sometimes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jiff said:

Have you tried the volume control on the steering wheel (LHS on my 2019 Corolla)? That's what my infotainment manual appears to say, though it may only apply to the incoming call?  Or is the  microphone location covered, or perhaps one of the reasons given on this page occurred at that time? Screenshot_20240621_161733_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.030a6f413fc19e0bb1cc35c8df1b27e7.jpg

Doesnt work with 2023

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neptuneblue said:

Hi, I’d call someone else to see how they find the volume level from your car. It could well have been an issue with your friend’s reception. No one has mentioned an issue with volume to me and I use it regularly.

If you don’t mind expanding on the 5 swipes thing that would be appreciated. I just need to turn up the sound of my indicators and I'm hoping that’s in the hidden menu as I’m a bit deaf and struggle to hear them sometimes. 

On my 2023 corolla.

Go into settings display then switch the display off then swipe five times from left to right lifting your finger off the screen after each swipe,  then the same in reverse five times from right to left.

On my car I didn't see any setting for the indicator sound.

• Thanks 2

On 6/19/2024 at 9:56 PM, scabad said:

I then went into check the microphone volume when speaking it registered one bar on both drivers and passengers microphones.

Does anyone know how to increase the sensitivity of the microphones?

I haven't been into the hidden menu to look at this but I'm curious, is the microphone volume display dynamic, i.e. the display changes as you speak?

I've only used the phone on the move a couple of times but no-one has said anything about difficulty hearing me either.

Thank you for posting about the hidden menu, I didn't know that such a thing existed.

1 hour ago, SDR said:

I haven't been into the hidden menu to look at this but I'm curious, is the microphone volume display dynamic, i.e. the display changes as you speak?

I've only used the phone on the move a couple of times but no-one has said anything about difficulty hearing me either.

Thank you for posting about the hidden menu, I didn't know that such a thing existed.

Yes there's a level meter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links