Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just passed 100.000 miles/ 162.00 km

nielshm

The first big one. 100.000 miles in my Corolla 2.0, Build 11/2019.

Nothing has been broken.

Front discs has just been replaced. 1 set of wipers, 1 set of summer/ winter tyres. Upgrade to Android Auto.

That's it. Nothing else. All services has been done by the same dealer. It has been trouble free and cheap driving. 

• Like 10

Congratulations on your first 100k 👌

• Like 1

Only another 50,000 miles to go and you can join the High Mile Club !

You will need a friend in the UK to get it - UK address only, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

One other thing I've noticed:

Charging the Battery when braking does'nt seem very efficient any more. When the car was new, a good long braking could charge the Battery with 1 bar easily, and 2 bars with a little luck. 

Things has changed, and I'm lucky if the Battery gets charged with 1 bar, even when braking from pretty high speed. Overall battery capacity seems normal, engine charges the battery like allways, but when I hit the brakes, things does'nt seem right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nielshm said:

One other thing I've noticed:

Charging the battery when braking does'nt seem very efficient any more. When the car was new, a good long braking could charge the battery with 1 bar easily, and 2 bars with a little luck. 

Things has changed, and I'm lucky if the battery gets charged with 1 bar, even when braking from pretty high speed. Overall battery capacity seems normal, engine charges the battery like allways, but when I hit the brakes, things does'nt seem right. 

Unfortunately, it's an unavoidable fact that all rechargeable batteries degrade with use and time.   Not much we, as owners, can do about it (other than maintainance, avoiding overheating,  etc) because the car is designed to optimise things as far as it can.

I guess that the acid tests are:  have you noticed a reduction in the time that the car spends in EV mode and/or a reduction in fuel economy?

I have a personal interest in that I have a new Corolla which I am thinking may be a long term 'keeper'.

2 hours ago, SDR said:

Unfortunately, it's an unavoidable fact that all rechargeable batteries degrade with use and time.   Not much we, as owners, can do about it (other than maintainance, avoiding overheating,  etc) because the car is designed to optimise things as far as it can.

I guess that the acid tests are:  have you noticed a reduction in the time that the car spends in EV mode and/or a reduction in fuel economy?

I have a personal interest in that I have a new Corolla which I am thinking may be a long term 'keeper'.

EV range is the same, around 3 km., that has'nt changed much. MPG's has dropped a bit compared to previous years. The Battery still charges to 8 or 9 bars, maybe a bit slower if the regen braking is'nt effective. That could be the reason to lower MPG.

I would like to get the regen braking system checked, Relax is still valid, but only for 15.000 km more.

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

the Battery degradation is unavoidable with time and mileage however slow charge it’s not a sign, actually it’s the opposite effect and these batteries starts quickly to fully charge and quickly to discharge to lower levels.
MPG will remain very similar like before,  especially if you drive on A roads and motorways. 
When the hybrid Battery gets old and weak it charges very quickly full and after a short downhill descend the engine will kick in to discharge the Battery to lower levels. 100k miles it’s not that high mileage for these cars or the battery, they can last easily 200k+ miles or 12+ years. 
The typical signs of weak hybrid battery are - quickly fully charged and quickly discharge to lower levels, more often engine running and sometimes for longer periods of time with no other obvious reason. 
In these cars if either traction battery or the 12v battery are low or weak the engine will be running more than if you have healthy batteries. 
I had recently changed both and my car driving experience has totally changed. Ever since there are no unnecessary engine discharges while going downhill, no unnecessary engine running, long ev glides , and battery holds charge in the middle to upper level but rarely max full or max low like before, mpg wise almost the same but I drive mainly on motorways, town drives are so good now , like a new model. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links