Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

JBL Sound System

squint

Feedback please. 
I appreciate sound quality is subjective but has anyone compared JLB to standard?

Much better than standard. 
i had a prius with standard system then at my next change i had one with jbl. 
not had a car since without jbl. 
and yes its subjective.  

• Like 1

Many thanks Paul

I test drove two RAVs when buying, first one with standard audio and second one with JBL. The difference is much more than just noticeable. 

As you say it is very subjective ... 😉

I have the JBL audio in my RAV4, my wife has the standard system in her C-HR, and to my ears they both sound pretty much the same - decent but not exceptional car audio systems.

Ignore me - take notice of folk who can tell the difference! 😄 

I can't comment on JBL but i have had Bose systems on a few cars and honestly i can't tell the difference between premium sound systems and normal.

For me audio in a car never sounds great as you have too many external factors like tyre noise wind noise traffic noise etc so it's the one thing i never bother to upgrade and just roll with whatever the car comes with.

• Like 1

Not that impressed by the JBL on my 2021 R4P. Very average and only just. Dreading the standard stereo they've put on the new R4P GR Sport I get in September. No idea what they were thinking when they decided to take out the JBL on what is their RAV flagship. And lose the cooled seats. 

Not as good as the stereo on my Peugeot 3008 GT4 300 PHEV (terrible car but that was one of a few things that was reasonably good). Not as good as the standard stereo on my Merc. A million miles off the B&W stereos on the Volvos.

But it's not a big factor overall versus everything else. 

The JBL is ok but subjectively doesn’t seem as good as Bose, Harmon Kardon or B & O systems in various previous cars. The standard sound system in the Lexus UX I am currently driving as a courtesy car seems as good as the JBL. 

• Like 1

I have JBL on my C-HR, sounds decent for a vehicle sound system but can make the interior rear view mirror vibrate if you have the volume around 50 ( depending on what your listening to )

JBL is not too bad, better than standard. Had the mark levinson in a Lexus once and that was very good good but then had many more Speakers.

Always used to go to Youtube and search for Sorround Sound test and wack the volume up (i always stick base up too)

The more Speakers the better the surround sound would be. Can never understand why normal music doesnt come in surround dolby, when you hear it its mind blowing.

Coming from a Bose in previous vehicle, to the standard (non-JBL) in my current '24 PHEV, there is little if any difference. 
I was concerned about the lack of JBL offered on the GR Sport grade PHEV, but I think its a decent sounding system, and not at all disappointing. 
I remember thinking 'phew' when I tried some different audio sources and found them all to be a good standard.
I was expecting something sub-standard, but I doubt an 'average' person would be able to point out audio deficiencies. 
It certainly helps not to have an old diesel engine noise rumbling along in accompaniment..

• Like 1

I have JBL and it is good - I have the volume at 50 all the time which is quite loud for some people I would imagine. Okay it's never going to be fantastic HiFi in any car as the volume is no where great enough to allow the system to really breathe as at home, my domestic system cost more than the RAV4 so I guess too much should not be expected from a sound system that also doubles as transport.

4 hours ago, NASY said:

I have JBL and it is good - I have the volume at 50 all the time which is quite loud for some people I would imagine. Okay it's never going to be fantastic HiFi in any car as the volume is no where great enough to allow the system to really breathe as at home, my domestic system cost more than the RAV4 so I guess too much should not be expected from a sound system that also doubles as transport.

Wow. You know thats Db right?
im cruising on 16 mostly

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 12:22 PM, P_J said:

Coming from a Bose in previous vehicle, to the standard (non-JBL) in my current '24 PHEV, there is little if any difference. 
I was concerned about the lack of JBL offered on the GR Sport grade PHEV, but I think its a decent sounding system, and not at all disappointing. 
I remember thinking 'phew' when I tried some different audio sources and found them all to be a good standard.
I was expecting something sub-standard, but I doubt an 'average' person would be able to point out audio deficiencies. 
It certainly helps not to have an old diesel engine noise rumbling along in accompaniment..

Thank F.

All I have really noticed is MORE Speakers, but to be honest, I don't have my system up loud, because I like to be aware of what's around me (ears and eyes) 🤣

I worked for a company that made oem Speakers for several large car companies. We did a demonstration vehicle that had bass and midrange Speakers in each door, tweeters in the dash and a sub ported through from the boot. Each speaker had its own amplifier channel, that thing could go loud (and sound great) to the point that you could see the door mirrors vibrating. You could never drive with it up loud , though, turning it down to a sensible level very promptly. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links