Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window switch affect engine revs?!

ToniSab

Hi all I've owned my 2013 Toyota aygo for about 6months now and i love it

But I've got an issue with the driver side window switch... it works fine moving the window up/down but when I fully close the window up and let the switch go, the motor/actuator that moves the window makes a loud clicking sound for about 10 seconds almost as if its still trying to move the window upwards?!? And most confusing of all, if I hold the switch upward (even for 2-3 secs) and don't let go, I can feel and see the engine revs go down and I assume if I held the switch for longer it would switch off the engine... my best guess is this could be a faulty motor/actuator for the window causing an issue with the electrics but I really don't know?

any idea would be greatly appreciated 

It sounds like it's 'forgotten' what the fully-closed position is and is still straining the motor, which puts a higher load on the alternator and by extension the engine.

I think the reset/recalibration procedure was to hold up for 10 seconds but maybe wait for someone to confirm this as I don't want you to burn out the window regulator if I'm wrong!

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

It sounds like it's 'forgotten' what the fully-closed position is and is still straining the motor, which puts a higher load on the alternator and by extension the engine.

I think the reset/recalibration procedure was to hold up for 10 seconds but maybe wait for someone to confirm this as I don't want you to burn out the window regulator if I'm wrong!

Thank you for the response as correct as you sound, I'm hoping I could still get away with just recalibrating the system somehow.... before I decided to jump into spending a bunch of money on a new regulator as like you say that's most likely the issue

add some earth wires between engine parts that need to be earthed.

the window regulator/motor is bad the clicking is the motor skipping teeth

the mk1 aygo uses a very simple electric window setup, the lights are dimming as it pulls too much current - holding the switch may cause the switch to burn out if it's overloaded

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

the window regulator/motor is bad the clicking is the motor skipping teeth

the mk1 aygo uses a very simple electric window setup, the lights are dimming as it pulls too much current - holding the switch may cause the switch to burn out if it's overloaded

Would a new regulator fix the issue? And do you know if changing the regulator is a simple job? Would most likely try and do it myself 

iirc on the Aygo its a central lift with a cable/rope drive from the motor

have a look on YouTube

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links