Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Techstream settings

SpenToy

Asked the dealer to turn off the audible warning when a seat belt is not worn in the back seat. They've said that option is not available on the 2024 RAV4 ☹️

Was available on my 2021 corolla. 

Apart from leaving seat belt plugged in behind passengers (the teen kids) if they do not want to put on seat belt, what do others do?

• Sad 1

They might not want to wear a seat belt but it is a legal requirement. The driver is responsible for ensuring they do, not what you want to hear but that is the position. A lot of options for turning things off have changed recently  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

They might not want to wear a seat belt but it is a legal requirement. The driver is responsible for ensuring they do, not what you want to hear but that is the position. A lot of options for turning things off have changed recently  

So, I just went and looked that up, as I thought it was only kids under 14 who had to wear a rear seatbelt but it is everyone. Just that for over 14 year olds it is the passenger's responsibility to wear the belt and not the drivers to make sure they are. 

My hunt will continue 👀👀🤫

With the Techstream software, it's under the "Customize" tag.

Go to any ECU, then "Utility", and then "Customize -> warning".

Sad if this option is not available in your 2024 car. Sometimes it seems we go backwards...

customize3.JPG

• Thanks 1

I'm in two minds about that, as it seems silly having an option for that when it's illegal to not wear a seat belt pretty much everywhere now, but I also do wish I didn't have to belt my bag into the seat to stop it setting off the warning (Oh the days when I could just fling it into the passenger seat and drive off!)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Parts-King said:

So, I just went and looked that up, as I thought it was only kids under 14 who had to wear a rear seatbelt but it is everyone. Just that for over 14 year olds it is the passenger's responsibility to wear the belt and not the drivers to make sure they are. 

Well so happens that the techs looked it up and apparently the sound can be turned off.

So they have turned it off for me.

Result!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Parts-King said:

They might not want to wear a seat belt but it is a legal requirement. 

Also I wouldn't want to be in the front seat then involved in an frontal accident with an unrestrained rear seat passenger sat behind me. 

• Like 5

I bet you spoke to a service advisor, The newer the car the harder it is getting to silence some systems

you can have the best of the best equipment, but knowing how to use it is another matter - Techstream has its own learning curve

setting from my 22 yaris

tswarningp210.thumb.jpg.986498d7703f19256a93707372d4fbad.jpg

tswindowp210.thumb.jpg.b7a6c1c66ab446686938f3f57696b6ad.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I bet you spoke to a service advisor, The newer the car the harder it is getting to silence some systems

you can have the best of the best equipment, but knowing how to use it is another matter - Techstream has its own learning curve

setting from my 22 yaris

tswarningp210.thumb.jpg.986498d7703f19256a93707372d4fbad.jpg

tswindowp210.thumb.jpg.b7a6c1c66ab446686938f3f57696b6ad.jpg

Yep, a service advisor. The actual tech who looked at the car sorted it.

Also told me to leave my AA dongle unplugged as it used probably causing the RSA fault warning message. So will leave unplugged and see what happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

Also I wouldn't want to be in the front seat then involved in an frontal accident with an unrestrained rear seat passenger sat behind me. 

That's exactly the safety film I remember, where the son kills is mother because he wasn't belted up. If anybody gets into the back of my car, they are going nowhere until they belt up. Who ever they are, young or old. 

• Like 5

I was in an accident many years ago, the driver and myself were wearing seat belts, my brother was sitting behind the driver unbelted and promptly head butted him. Off to hospital they went, fortunately neither were seriously hurt but I'd never travel in a car where a passenger wasn't held in. It is annoying about bags setting off the warning though..... 

• Like 2

I put loads of stuff on the back seats so the alarm is going to be going off and doing my head in. I guess I'll just need to put the belts in.

Its telling the safety video comment has been ignored by the OP... and they enable the foolish behavior of their kids. Simple rule that you, as an adult put in place is wear your belt or get this bus.

That way you dont raise more selfish members of society.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

Its telling the safety video comment has been ignored by the OP... and they enable the foolish behavior of their kids. Simple rule that you, as an adult put in place is wear your belt or get this bus.

That way you dont raise more selfish members of society.

I didn't comment on the post as I was asking about the setting on the car.

The light will still come on the dashboard.

Travelling around at less than 20 miles per hour doesn't lend itself to harsh braking (or shouldn't if driving sensibly).

A roads and motorways always have passengers strapped in even before it was a rule to follow.

I don't think any of that detracts from the question asked. 🙏🙂

2 hours ago, SpenToy said:

I didn't comment on the post as I was asking about the setting on the car.

The light will still come on the dashboard.

Travelling around at less than 20 miles per hour doesn't lend itself to harsh braking (or shouldn't if driving sensibly).

A roads and motorways always have passengers strapped in even before it was a rule to follow.

I don't think any of that detracts from the question asked. 🙏🙂

Kudos to the measured response. I still think though, no matter the speed its best to wear the belt. Better safe than sorry 🙂

• Like 2

2023 Rav4 and I used carrista to turn them off........

• Like 1

Seats belts are a must, but have you seen those muppets with dogs on their laps !!!

47 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Seats belts are a must,.....

Absolutely. Even a 20 mph crash will most likely result in injuries to any unrestrained passenger. Wear seat belts at ALL times. No excuses. 

2 minutes ago, ColinB said:

Dogs must be restrained in cars as well now.... 

Yep, but do you ever see the cops pull over anyone doing this or read about it...no !! Similar story to those Muppets who have illegal number plates, noisy adjusted exhausts and dodgy front window tints.  Just not a priority anymore.  I do get there are more pressing crimes, but if you let the basics go for long enough, people just take the Mick and take it as a way of life, whilst the rest of us abide by the law.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links