Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash rattle

Corolla21

Hi all!

Please correct me if i am wrong here or starting ‘another rattle’ topic.

I am from The Netherlands and this Corolla is driving me insane from a simple rattle.

Dutch forums are not helping me much.

The car has the steering wheel on the left side, and the rattle is on the far right.. coming from the speaker just below the window.

I removed the whole front dash, no succes.

Then i removed the right A-pillar trim, along with the ‘grill’ for the speaker and also disconnected the speaker.

Sound was more noticable but everything we touch while it’s rattling makes no difference.

So i guess it is somewhere just outside the firewall?

Does anyone have this same experience?

Hi,

I had an issue with mine, which sounded quite similar.

It did sound like its coming from the dashboard and the pillars but it turned out it was actually my steering wheel.

Right in the middle where it's just the cover for the airbag and horn. While you drive and hear the rattle try to put your hand on that bit and see if it makes any difference?

We have a Toyota hybrid GR sport and yes we the the Toyota 'rattle' it drives me and my husband nuts. It sounds like it's coming from the air vents on both sides of the dashboard so we have to cover it with a cloth to 'silence' it. Our dealership are aware but until Toyota do a recall on it there's nothing to be done....mmmm except by a different make once our three years are up. Very disappointing.....

21 minutes ago, coreye9090 said:

Hi,

It did sound like its coming from the dashboard and the pillars but it turned out it was actually my steering wheel.

Right in the middle where it's just the cover for the airbag and horn. While you drive and hear the rattle try to put your hand on that bit and see if it makes any difference?

I had my girlfriend do that while driving, no difference.

The dealer is very helpful and took the car in twice.

They now think it’s coming from the manifold heat shield… in 2 weeks when the shop foreman is back from holiday he will give it a try again.

9 minutes ago, Linda Spencer said:

except by a different make once our three years are up

Just be aware that the Club is independent of Toyota, Toyota won't see this, and it makes no difference to Club members what you buy next ...

In uk and this forum particularly thete was a member with Corolla gr sport that had exactly these rattling dashboard noises and after investigated by a dealer they found unscrewed properly bolts inside dashboard that were causing the rattling noises. They had done those and no noises ever since. 
You need to search in Google Corolla rattling noises from dashboard and hopefully find the post. It’s like from two years ago.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

More news on the problem.

It seems that swerving to the left and right on the highway fixes the noise.

As long as i go straight and veeeery slight to the right, the noise it back on.

Also with braking on lower speeds than the highway, it also triggers the rattle to be a lot louder…

Still working on a fix.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2024 at 1:19 PM, coreye9090 said:

Hi,

Did you ever get this fixed? It's driving me crazy and it's definitely the centre of the steering wheel! 

2 hours ago, excelsam said:

Did you ever get this fixed? It's driving me crazy and it's definitely the centre of the steering wheel! 

yes, I took the car back to the dealer who found the issue and sorted it for me. As I said, in my case it was my horn cover, where 2 bits of plastic were rubbing together (more noticeable on uneven roads) I also asked them to have a look at the A pillars, it has been padded out and I haven't had any rattling noise since

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links