Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2023 infotainment screen

David Hinchliffe

Hi

I’ve just bought 12 month old GR sport every time  I start the car I have to agree or disagree T&C on the screen.

is this normal ?

12 minutes ago, David Hinchliffe said:

Hi

I’ve just bought 12 month old GR sport every time  I start the car I have to agree or disagree T&C on the screen.

is this normal ?

In a word, yes.

If you go through the process of downloading the app, setting up an account and registering the car with Toyota, the process may change;   but I haven't done that so I'm not sure.

I just accept that a quick dab on the screen is one of several things that I do at the start of a journey. 

Yes, it's normal - you can get rid of it by creating an account and then setting the car to recognise the key as yours.

After that, every time you start the car it will log you in automatically bypassing the t&c screen.

Apologies if this appears to be hijacking this thread but I'm hoping my questions will help David and others too.

I've downloaded the app, created an account, can use the app to find the car, check trips etc, but I still get the nag screens even though they timeout after a few seconds. I don't know what you mean by setting the car to recognise the key as yours.

31 minutes ago, fred88 said:

Apologies if this appears to be hijacking this thread but I'm hoping my questions will help David and others too.

I've downloaded the app, created an account, can use the app to find the car, check trips etc, but I still get the nag screens even though they timeout after a few seconds. I don't know what you mean by setting the car to recognise the key as yours.

If you go into settings on the infotainment screen, I think it's then under bluetooth and devices.

There is an option to link your profile to the key, if you select that then the car will recognise it's you when you start it and bypass the login screen.

Thanks everybody still getting my head around everything 

seems complicated compared to my last car (vw)

share the car car with my wife  v. Never check which key we take so will programme both . 

Just need to fix her Samsung to connect  Bluetooth automatically 

seem to diving into settings overtime we jump in the car 

I have registered the app but not linked an account to the unit

3 hours ago, SDR said:

In a word, yes.

If you go through the process of downloading the app, setting up an account and registering the car with Toyota, the process may change;   but I haven't done that so I'm not sure.

I just accept that a quick dab on the screen is one of several things that I do at the start of a journey. 

I do exactly the same, just a second to dab the screen. I have no interest in setting up an account etc. Way too much electronics on cars these days. I want to keep things simple and just drive the car.

3 hours ago, David Hinchliffe said:

Thanks everybody still getting my head around everything 

seems complicated compared to my last car (vw)

Yes, having driven vw group cars for the last 25 years or so, that's what I thought too.

If you look in the 'guides' section of this forum, under Corolla, there is a tutorial for setting up the meter screens for MY23 Corollas.   I found it very useful and way better than the Toyota manual or user guide.

• Thanks 1

A family member has a 72 plate Corolla GR Sport TS I know we have got round this as they aren't tech savvy, and doesn't have the app even on his phone (it's so old) If I remember correctly, you just accept the ts&cs making sure you put a tick in both boxes, then without switching off like the primary key to the car.

23 hours ago, scabad said:

A family member has a 72 plate Corolla GR Sport TS I know we have got round this as they aren't tech savvy, and doesn't have the app even on his phone (it's so old) If I remember correctly, you just accept the ts&cs making sure you put a tick in both boxes, then without switching off like the primary key to the car.

I reset the screen on my 23 plate Excel, this morning, and tried multiple different things to bypass the blue screen, it seems that Toyota are forcing people to use the app.

Just for info if you need to reset the head unit and the system reset button is greyed out try switching the car on, and pressing the power and one of the volume keys for about 5 seconds. This should reset the unit. NB this is on a Gen 5 car where the audio on/off button and volume keys are at the bottom of the screen in the middle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links