Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Toyota owner

Chrismk1

Hi folks! 

Just bought a mk1 Yaris the other week and it’s my first Toyota 🙂 

Cracking wee car, 1.3, 5 door auto, 51k on the clock £1500, unbelievable. I was on the lookout for a cheap run around too save some pennies. After owning a long line of fuel thirsty cars, last being a 3.0 v6 Touareg, this wee thing is a complete change for me. 

Already spent a few quid on some upgrades and comforts and can’t believe the price of the parts for these cars! I bought 4 new tyres for nearly the same price as one on the Touareg! Brakes, exhaust, everything is so much cheaper, not to mention the fuel am now saving! 

Anyways, am sure I’ll be navigating the forums for some ideas and tips. First being an upgrade to the T-sport front seats and probably some lowering springs 😂 

Cheeeerrsss! 

• Like 2

Hello Chris - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Like 1

Hello, and welcome to the club.

Sounds like a lovely car, I am a big fan of MK1s myself, which kind of auto transmission is it?

The mmt can have problems, but maybe yours won't, and it might be a torque converter type anyway, others will probably advise.

A word on the Tsport seats, I have a Tsport and yes they are good for holding, but as I get older and more bony, they do get a bit uncomfortable for me after an hour or so.

If you are young however, this probably won't affect you.

Congratulations on your purchase, and hopefully you will have many happy years and miles with it.

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome 🙂 

Not sure of which auto box it is, where can I find this? It runs silky smooth so hoping it’s one of the healthy ones. 

Haha I know what you mean, am 32 but quite used to slim fitting Recaros. The standard seats remind me of some kind of office chair so they need to go 🙂 Sourcing the T- sport seats however is a bit of a challenge. 

My Yaris is French built and I am not 100% sure if the T-sport seats are a straight swap. Hoping the runners are the same 😬

Hello Chris,

Welcome to our forum 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome, Chris.

• Like 1

Welcome to TOC, Chris.

• Like 1

Greetings Chris,

Welcome to the club.

Sounds like a good deal. Is it tax exempt? Got my sister in law one a few years ago and it's a brilliant car.

• Like 1

Congrats on the new ride! The Yaris is a great city car. I’d be careful with lowering springs though, might make the ride too harsh for daily driving. Maybe look into some nice alloys instead?

On 6/26/2024 at 8:17 AM, Unityone said:

Greetings Chris,

Welcome to the club.

Sounds like a good deal. Is it tax exempt? Got my sister in law one a few years ago and it's a brilliant car.

Cheers mate, it’s not unfortunately but it’s only £200 for the year. My last motor was £750 or something so am not complaining 🙂 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links