Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodbye

Tel 2

Today I say goodbye to my 2023 Yaris Cross AWD that was relatively refined, economical & surprisingly swifter in motion than most people think.

Don of Chesterfield helped me de-Lexify when my 2023 target NX price became unacceptable.

Lovely car.

Trust my LBX is even better.

Tel

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I like the LBX, saw our first one the other day, mrs thinks it’s not as tall as our cross, but we only saw it in passing, good luck with your new car but stick around and let us know how it compares with the cross and how you’re getting on with it..

• Like 3

I pick up my UX300h next week.  It was in stock at Burnaston so took the opportunity 😉

• Like 7

Good move 👍

I didn’t like much the lbx at beginning, it looks to me very much like any other small suv but with the time goes on this small Lexus grows on me and I think it’s a good alternative to Yaris cross.
My favourite option and something that I like more over the cross are the shift by wire gear selector and lower position of the centre screen and the chunkier tyres on most trim levels.
The things I dislike is the boot space and the gap when rear seats are folded down, similar to Aygo x, where Yaris cross has completely flat loading floor. 
All these are only my opinion and likes, for most people those will be no problems at all. 
Enjoy your new car 🚙 

• Like 1

I test drove the LBX, I really liked it but then test drove a YC. The LBX did feel more premium, but very strangely felt more cramped, I'm not sure why. I (6' 1") could just about sit behind myself in the YC with the seat set slightly forward to my normal driving position, whereas there was no chance with the LBX. More importantly, and the clincher, was that in the LBX my wife was really uncomfortable in the passenger seat with it set forward for the sales guy to sit behind her. We do need the ability to take MIL in the back occasionally otherwise this wouldn't have been so important. I ordered the YC Premiere, which has a similar spec to the LBX Premium, but is listed at a couple of £k cheaper plus a lower APR finance offer, but still occasionally look back at the LBX...... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Don,

Lovely. What Model & Colour ?

Tel

It’s another grey Takumi.  Black interior and although I prefer crème or very pale grey because they’re easier to keep clean, it’s a dull graphite black so quite classy.  I didn’t have a choice of course.  My choice would be forest green with tan interior but Anchorwoman has the green car phobia thing.  In any case, waiting would cost me for both the new car and they gave me a very good price for mine.  If I waited until September they would reassess mine and that’s an open cheque book.  Interestingly, despite it being several insurance groups higher, it generates a £65 rebate which I think is down to it having this ultra wideband security and the 3.0 safety system.  That puts me at about £450 a year.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

the LBX is just a Grumpy Premiere 130 just a bit fatter wearing a Rolex

I was out in one on Tuesday and it is much quieter and more sumptuous.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, anchorman said:

I was out in one on Tuesday and it is much quieter and more sumptuous.

Ooh I like the sound of sumptuous, that would suit me perfectly. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only thing I’m not sure about with the LBX is afaik it doesn’t have a split boot floor, whereas, my excel cross does, I like this feature as I can store the shopping bags( folded of course) underneath, so I’m a bit put off by the Lexus, that and the price of course, still, I can always get the wife to donate a kidney…

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, anchorman said:

Interestingly, despite it being several insurance groups higher, it generates a £65 rebate which I think is down to it having this ultra wideband security and the 3.0 safety system.  That puts me at about £450 a year.

Seeee! I keep telling people the insurance group means jack in the face of most other factors (Mainly post code!)! It's even funnier that you got a lower cost despite it being in a higher group :laugh:

10 hours ago, Chas G said:

Ooh I like the sound of sumptuous, that would suit me perfectly. 😀

I think it's definitely more you - From what I've read you like your creature comforts and would otherwise be more at home in a german car, but want the reliability they've lost over the years, and that all points to Lexus!

Their only real downsides is they are quite expensive, and the front grille design is exceptionally ugly (Although this is very much a personal opinion!)

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links