Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What are the dimensions of these rubber blocks under spare?

GalloB

Hi all,

I'm piecing together my own space saver spare wheel kit after getting quoted £337 from the dealer. I rang around a couple and all in the same ball park.

Managed to get the tyre, tool kit box with jack, brace and towing eye, and the screw down thing from eBay. The only thing I haven't got is the rubber blocks. They are £10 each on line if they have the stock anywhere and need 3 but I'm sure I can get some generic ones and cut to size and stick down with some gorilla tape.

Only thing is I can't tell what size they are from the details on line.

Could someone with a spare wheel measure them and post the results? I should be able to do it for about £120 this way.

I'd be really grateful for the help and it would help others if they also decide to go down this route.

Cheers good people

image.thumb.png.d517cebc755b72758cdb9b7c4c5d0d81.png

Edited by GalloB
grammar

In the pic, they look to be 1 inch thick, but I would have thought that the rigidity of the rubber is more important than the thickness.

1.  I fitted a Road Hero in my GR86, and there were no rubbers, are you sure that you need the rubbers?2.  Have you got the hold down components to bolt the space saver down, those for my GR86 cost about £5 total? See:-

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/219896-space-saver-wheel-tyre-for-gr86/

That has a diagram.

28 minutes ago, olddriver said:

In the pic, they look to be 1 inch thick, but I would have thought that the rigidity of the rubber is more important than the thickness.

1.  I fitted a Road Hero in my GR86, and there were no rubbers, are you sure that you need the rubbers?2.  Have you got the hold down components to bolt the space saver down, those for my GR86 cost about £5 total? See:-

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/219896-space-saver-wheel-tyre-for-gr86/

That has a diagram.

Thanks very much that's really helpful.

Yes I have the screw down bit (part 51931 - CARRIER, SPARE WHEEL, NO.1).

Its just the 64778F - PROTECTOR, SPARE WHEEL that I don't want to spend another £30 on if it's just a piece of foam/rubber. I don't think they are essential but I think the wheel rattles and makes noise without them

image.thumb.jpeg.1bb7c318d4ac7de1b29735ca963086f1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, GalloB said:

I don't think they are essential but I think the wheel rattles and makes noise without them

Yeah, your post has got me thinking, mine doesn’t seem to rattle but I suspect that the rim rather than the tyre of my space saver may be sitting on the floor, so maybe I should get some pieces of rubber too.  My boot is full, so I can’t look until after the weekend.

EDIT: I think I checked but I will do it again,  perhaps you need to check to see the gap above the wheel when placing a level across the top of the wheel well, that should determine the thickness of the rubber required.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well what do you know. I picked up the nugget today and despite being told yesterday that I had an inflation kit this is what greeted me when I looked:

image.thumb.jpeg.1b380b35e3f9cb3b150c005e400915df.jpeg

Luckily I managed to cancel the order of the separate parts from eBay so no harm done.

If anyone does want to know the dimensions of part number 64778F I've taken some measurements in the pictures below. The material is a very hard rubber.

IMG_7555-1719581467034.thumb.jpg.536260690c0483c3a3ba34b100c1105e.jpgIMG_7554-1719581467050.thumb.jpg.e7a4a437ba09e8e4119098635fae4a96.jpgIMG_7556-1719581467051.thumb.jpg.92d700c0a1f4d3c98c16ac1ed3c0906e.jpg

Happy spare wheel shopping!

Edited by GalloB
Reformat pictures as jpeg

21 hours ago, olddriver said:

That has a diagram.

Amazing spatial awareness OD - you were spot on with sizing from the picture!

• Thanks 1

I wonder if you took the pieces of rubber out, whether a full size wheel would fit in, be worth comparing the width of your 2 tyres?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links