Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

what would 🫵🏼 accept as a worthwhile successor??

UrbanCruiserMadeinJapan

What would you seriously accept? Worthy successors posted above under consideration are: Lexus UX (the UX apparently stands for “Urban Explorer”!) Toyota Yaris X (probably the most direct lineage replacement) and the effeminate Lexus LBX.  Any other suggestions????

2024 Toyota Urban Cruiser:

image.thumb.png.e9eb1628ad67654fe140de4f90c227d7.png

A rebadged Suzuki Fronx on sale in some Asian and Arabian markets.

17 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

2024 Toyota Urban Cruiser:

image.thumb.png.e9eb1628ad67654fe140de4f90c227d7.png

A rebadged Suzuki Fronx on sale in some Asian and Arabian markets.

Which passes more than a resemblance to the current Vitara

4 hours ago, davidif said:

Which passes more than a resemblance to the current Vitara

It is built by Suzuki Maruti.

🤦🏼‍♂️ not relevant for the UK 🇬🇧 and Europe , doubt anyone would ever import a ‘Maruti’ to the UK either 😂 

Suzuki Vitara is boring. The Suzuki Jimny (2019 onwards) is way more interesting, something I think the UC has (for its time!)          image.thumb.jpeg.08edaddc10a8d09b3c5828658185a008.jpeg

Yaris cross is the car to be successor to urban cruiser. 
Shame it’s not available in petrol manual with proper awd system, it would be a great small real suv. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't think of many proper modern successors - They're all gigantic hausfrauenpanzers which are over-sized yet can't go over speed humps or any kind of rough terrain due to their 27" rims. It's always very sad seeing one have to tip-toe over a speed cushion while I don't even slow down in my 15"-shod Yaris :laugh: 

I still like the original RAV4 - It was so small and cute! I've been told it was basically a Celica GT4 with a SUV body on it. It's a far cry from the elephantine behemoth it's become now! :laugh: 

There are some hilarious Kei car 4x4s out there, and if you aren't put off by the 0 stars NCAP rating the Panda 4x4 is a fun and surprisingly capable vehicle on and off-road, although less so if you get sea sick :laugh: (I'm told it can be as rolypoly as the early Yaris models :laugh: )

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2024 at 9:51 PM, UrbanCruiserMadeinJapan said:

The Suzuki Jimny (2019 onwards) is way more interesting

Which, along with the Ignis and Swift Sport, is being canned by Suzuki.

The Yaris Cross (4,172mm L x 1,765mm W x 1,595mm H - wheelbase 2,560mm)  is very close in size to the Urban Cruiser (3,995mm L x 1,790km W x 1,640mm H - wheelbase 2,500mm), so is probably Toyota's spiritual successor to the Cruiser in Europe

• Like 1

shame it’s being canned, best looking / best styled jimny reminds me of the pre ‘20 Defender. Noted about Yaris X, size wise and capabilities like the XP110 Urban Cruiser which never was a mainstream mass seller for Toyota at least in the UK making it less ubiquitous than its rivals at the time ie juke. However upon seeing this vehicle from Toyota/Lexus  group IMG_7606.thumb.jpeg.fc82a741d6e7d4de69c601f4cabfc78a.jpeg

grown on me more than Yaris X even though they both share same platform 

IMG_7605.thumb.jpeg.c8a27b188dd666aa758bd38df1565727.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links