Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

did chuckle at Recall letter on campaign ZGG35

MardyMarvin

Had a recall notice from Toyota today about the remote climate control feature and that they will be sending an OTA update. The reason I chuckled is I have never managed to get it working anyway so would have never noticed the issue. I have put down to the fact we have a weak mobile phone signal in the village which is strange as it manages to update the Travel data and door lock status of the car to toyota but never when I tried the remote start which would be use full in winter.

So I have never come across the hazard lights staying on after the 5 mins but least they sent a letter saying its an OTA update just hope with the junk signal in the village it will pick it up whilst driving around.

I got that too and the thing that made me laugh was the last paragraph on page 1 here...

PXL_20240628_130718233.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.thumb.jpg.74c3d25293f16a52e7e6ae2d68501537.jpg

...so if that is the case, how is anyone supposed to know whether the update actually worked?!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I wonder, are OTA updates (of any description) going to appear in the service history of the MyToyota app?

8 hours ago, CPN said:

I got that too and the thing that made me laugh was the last paragraph on page 1 here...

PXL_20240628_130718233.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.thumb.jpg.74c3d25293f16a52e7e6ae2d68501537.jpg

...so if that is the case, how is anyone supposed to know whether the update actually worked?!! 🤣

yeah I did wonder that as well you would have thought a message on the screen to say update done or something use full like that.

• Like 3

I got that today - or doesn't even seem to be an option for my car? It doesn't show in the app dashboard...

I got that today. I didn't know my car did that and it doesn't show in the app. I'm super confused 

23 hours ago, Sylv666 said:

I got that today. I didn't know my car did that and it doesn't show in the app. I'm super confused 

Not really sure what level of trim it comes with but I would think all keyless entry ones. Have you got got the correct app as there are two one for europe and one for UK but I think the car says nope you have the wrong app when you try to pair them up.

To be a little pedantic, it is not a recall, it is a customer satisfaction campaign 😁

• Haha 2

Hmmm... Is this the Cross as well...? coming home just now my satnav never connected to anything - didn't display maps, just sat there on the initial screen. When I got home I poked around and went into the update software screen, where it gave me an error because there was no update server available....

Is it connected I wonder... 🙄

Depends where you are? Remember, it relies on a good mobile signal for its connection... 

No, it wasn't the standard "No Connection" error - that displays the maps with the message at the top centre. This was just... nothing... no map tiles.

I would be more concerned that "Big Brother" can access a car remotely. Seems to be the norm now. No thanks.

That letter's last paragraph is typical nonsense though.🙄

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links