Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sub Box

jazzyjc123

hi

i got a sub and amp to put in my 2 but i have never wired one up before it all looks pretty easy i have put Speakers and stereos in before so it does not bother me that much

just one question the earth wire that goes to the body for the amp does this go off the Battery ?

ie - main power for the sub goes to the Battery the earth goes from the Battery to the body

is this right ?

thanks

You can either feed the black/earth cable back to the Battery with the red/power cable, or just bolt the black cable to a body point. I've never nothered to feed the earth back to the Battery, always to the body, worksjust the same,and saves time.

Running the earth back to the Battery post CAN cause some serious interference issues. It's far better to eath it to the chassis, but make sure you scrape the paint from under it before you tighten it down.

Also best to keep the earth lead as short as possible for less

interference.

My amp is under the passenger seat and earthed to one of the seat bolts. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links