Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Charging/alternator issues

H-P

Hello, I have a Urban Cruiser (XP110) 1.4 D-4D 4WD 90 HK Diesel 1ND-TV from 2009 which not charges the Battery anymore. I started with that Battery lamp turned on (+ diesel filter). Went to a workshop which said that the Battery was bad and needed to be replaced. Replaced the battery with a "no name" battery but it didn't help. The workshop said that the battery was bad and needs to be replaced. This time with a Bosch battery. But the issue was still there and this time was I told that the alternator needs to be replaced. Got a RIDEX 4G0535 alternator and I replaced the diesel at the same time.

This time started the battery charge again but he battery lamp was still on (as the diesel filter), The automatic daylight didn't work and needs to be switch on manual but the rest was working. When checking how much it charges it was only 13,92 V which I was told was to low. Then I got a used alternator from a urban cruiser from 2011 which was exact the same as the one which was in the car from beginning,  DENSO Toyota 27060-33100, 104210-2520. When the RIDEX was replaced with this one, it didn't charge at all. Then I put back the RIDEX one with same result, no charging at all. The fan, window, radio etc don't work at all when it's on battery only with no charging (but the automatic daylight was working again...). 

I have checked all fuses, that cables are connected and can't fine any issue. The only thing what did happen when I was to remove the RIDEX alternator was that I forgot to remove the cables from the battery, when I then removed the plus cable from the alternator it touched the engine and it was a spark. I guess something may got broken then?

Anyone who has any idea what the issue can be? I guess I maybe have to go to a Toyota workshop but I'm afraid that it will be rather expensive.

/H-P

I did a new try with this and replaced the alternator again + checked the everything was grounded correct but still no luck. I guess something else is broken between the alternator and the Battery.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links