Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v Socket No Power [fixed]

grocerybag420

I was replacing my cig port and it worked up until I connected a charging cable which then turned the connection off. I checked my cig port fuse and it shows 12v. I checked along the wiring as well but it gave around 0.01-0.05 volts. I'm wondering what the issue could be? My car Battery seems to be fine as there is no warning light on the dashboard and the car seems to start fine.

The ground wire seems to be alright as it makes a beeping sound on the multimeter, however the live wire has very low to 0 voltage.

ahmad. Donot forget to check the plug for loose wire on the charging cable or adaptor socket.

Double check that you removing the right fuse for auxilary power socket.

3 hours ago, CPN said:

I assume that you actually removed the fuse and checked it for continuity?

I actually didn't remove the fuse which is stupid of me. Thank you very much I tried this and it turns out the fuse was the actual problem so I replaced it and everythings working fine. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, Derek.w said:

ahmad. Donot forget to check the plug for loose wire on the charging cable or adaptor socket.

Double check that you removing the right fuse for auxilary power socket.

Thanks alot for the help guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grocerybag420 said:

it turns out the fuse was the actual problem so I replaced it and everythings working fine. Sorry about that.

Don't be sorry, they are sneaky sods. You aren't the first and won't be last to be caught out.

Thank you for coming back and finishing the story - it's frustrating not to find out the solution.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grocerybag420 said:

I actually didn't remove the fuse which is stupid of me. Thank you very much I tried this and it turns out the fuse was the actual problem so I replaced it and everythings working fine. Sorry about that.

No need to apologise. The only stupid question is the one not asked! 😉

5 hours ago, grocerybag420 said:

Thanks alot for the help guys

You're very welcome.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links