Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please recommend a simple car battery tester

olddriver

I just want a device to check the charge in my car Battery, maybe a non-contact device.

I charged my GR86 flat Battery on Monday and Tuesday and my 3.8 amp CTECK went to No 5 or 6. ie fully charged.  I connected it today and after over 30 mins or so it was still on 3, I haven’t driven the car so that loss of charge is just due to the electronics as the boot lamp is disconnected.  I need the car tomorrow, so I don’t want it to let me down as it dd last Sunday, consequently I thought that I should buy a tester to keep an eye on the Battery in future!

Edited by olddriver
changed to 30 mins, & added non-contact

50 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Have you considered that it may be the battery that is at fault since you said it let you down last Sunday?

Yeah, that’s why I want the Battery tester.

I have just remembered that I have a Chinese WinAPEX 8202 “Pocket Clamp Digital Multimeter” that I bought to check my AC mains current and wondering if that will be accurate enough?

I have a BD2 Battery Monitor, that I transferred over from my Yaris Cross. By using an app', I can see the power available and current volts, as long as I am in bluetooth range. It may help in your circumstances.

Something like this -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08VHMJYXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, olddriver said:

I have just remembered that I have a Chinese WinAPEX 8202 “Pocket Clamp Digital Multimeter” that I bought to check my AC mains current and wondering if that will be accurate enough?

As long as it measures volts to 2 places, it should do for now.

ie 12.50 volts.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2024 at 1:06 PM, olddriver said:

Yeah, that’s why I want the battery tester.

Why waste cash on a Battery tester?

buy a new battery 

6 hours ago, Paul john said:

Why waste cash on a battery tester?

buy a new battery 

Cos the car is just 9 months old, so I do not know if the Battery is faulty or something else is the problem!

9 hours ago, olddriver said:

Cos the car is just 9 months old, so I do not know if the battery is faulty or something else is the problem!

Your warranty should cover any tests or replacements in that case surely

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links