Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What happened to the Aygo knowledge base?

Mostin67

There was an interesting “how to” for having passenger window controls near to the drivers side control.

Original creator was going to update the how to with one touch control for both drivers and passengers side. 

Just wondering if that was ever done?

The how to guides for the Aygo are:

Aygo Club Guides - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum

It is down to members to decide whether to post in the Guides section or in the Model forum. Presumably the topic you're asking about was posted in the Aygo forum - so use the search facility in the red toolbar at the top of the webpage to try to find the topic you wish to access.

as i said previously, the aygo uses a very basic window switch

power - switch - motor

The switches are high current

the simplest way would be to add a second switch to the driver's door then you only only need to mess with 1 circuit

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The how to guides for the Aygo are:

Aygo Club Guides - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum

It is down to members to decide whether to post in the Guides section or in the Model forum. Presumably the topic you're asking about was posted in the Aygo forum - so use the search facility in the red toolbar at the top of the webpage to try to find the topic you wish to access.

It was originally in the thread that first stated about creating a "knowledgebase" how to section. 

A member called Jan van de Wouw had added his how to add a passenger side switch controller near his driver's side. He used  relays to enable him to do this. At the end he states he's added one touch control modules to his window switches and would follow up but it dosn't seem like he ever did. 

The original thread if I recall also said they would move the how to's of members over to the knowledgebase area but it seems that it never happened and as you state it was down to the contributors. That is why not all the same how to's are in the new how to section. Plus the fact not all pictures they posted are working either which makes it doubly frustrating! 

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

as i said previously, the aygo uses a very basic window switch

power - switch - motor

The switches are high current

the simplest way would be to add a second switch to the driver's door then you only only need to mess with 1 circuit

Here is the most detailed how to I can find and it's within the original knowledgebase thread. 

I can't seem to see his wiring diagram to help me fully understand. 

He also mentions in his ver 2.0 method the use of diodes with his one touch window modules so that if either of the same switches are pressed at the same time then it will not create a short circuit. But have know idea how this is all setup or which modules he ends up using. 

Another post mentions a link to the citybug.nl site to show which modules but the link is dead as it dosn't seem to exist anymore. 

it's simple enough with 2-3 SPDT relays, one for up and the other for down

there are various one-touch modules on the market I had them in my mk3 yaris

factory wiring diagrams are not an issue, I have them

just had a quick read of that old thread i see what he did, he used a switch to toggle between the 2 windows using the driver's door window switch

2 hours ago, Mostin67 said:

The original thread if I recall also said they would move the how to's of members over to the knowledgebase area but it seems that it never happened and as you state it was down to the contributors. That is why not all the same how to's are in the new how to section. Plus the fact not all pictures they posted are working either which makes it doubly frustrating! 

Bear in mind the knowledge base topic dates back to 2008 - 16 years ago.

A lot of posts in the past used Photobucket to upload photos.

However, Photobucket eventually stopped offering free accounts, and when these accounts expired, they were deleted by Photobucket. This meant that shared photos were no longer visible to forum members, which reduced the usefulness of any topic containing such information.

As time has passed, the ' how to guides' have been edited to ensure topics were up to date, and relevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

looking at that thread the op had hosted images them selfs, I did look to see if anything was on archive.org but nothing came up

it's easy enough to figure out - I would use 2 or 3 relays on the passenger door then all you  need is 2 control wires to the driver's door

you can make it as simple or complex as you like - if the OP want to take this any further I can make a diagram

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links