Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitted a magnetic charge pad

jthspace

I saw this on Amazon

Charge Pad

The mount above the display is a magmount I use if the phone is in its case or for my PMR microphone if on a run with friends for car-to-car comms.

IMG_1906.jpeg

SP_IMG_0401.jpeg

SP_IMG_0405.jpeg

Lead has been tucked in the gap between plastics, but I could dismantle dash and hide the lead better; but this looks OK for now.

£20

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Very good. 
I do not like wireless charging as this add extra heat to the battery. 
Heat in battery world means one thing  - fast degradation. 

My new YC will have wireless charging and I'm going to monitor how warm the phone gets when charging, especially as it's kept in a padded case (to protect it from the inevitable drop). At home it gets charged overnight on a wireless stand, but a low powered one which seems to be ok. 

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Heat in battery world means one thing  - fast degradation.

Like Colin mine is in a drop case. For charging in the car, usually when being used for navigation, so on continuously, it's out of the case in a holder for best cooling.

(I also take it out if fast charging, though I usually use the Android smart charge overnight which doesn't blast it.)

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I do not like wireless charging as this add extra heat to the battery. 

My limited experience with wireless charging was that it's pretty slow, so heat wasn't an issue. It just seemed inefficient and another thing cluttering up the place.

However that was a few years ago, so maybe it's got more potent now.

If you click on the link, you will see that max charging current on the pad is 7.5W for iPhone 15/15Plus/ 15 Pro/15 Pro Max, iPhone 14/14Plus/ 14 Pro/14 Pro Max, iPhone 13/13 Mini/13 Pro/13 Pro Max, iPhone 12/12 Mini/12 Pro/12 Pro Max and 5w for ipods etc.

If you want 15w charge then you have to connect the phone direct to the charger.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links