Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transit times from Toyota France

Johnold

Hi

I had an email from Toyota informing me that the Yaris Excel I had ordered was in transit to the UK

The email was dated 16 June

My dealer has told me that the delivery ETA is 27 July

Is a 6 week transit time from France normal?

John

From France, vehicles go to Toyota Burnaston, via whatever port they enter the UK, where, depending what options are ordered, may have accessories fitted, and are then transported to the appropriate dealer.

Logistics also play a part in deliveries to dealers (ie. delivering several vehicles to a dealer rather than just a single vehicle).

Probably. The dealer is at the mercy of the information they are provided with from Toyota GB. It may arrive earlier and the ETA come forward but that’s wishful thinking. 

What you won’t know is that once the ship with hundreds of cars arrives at the port someone has to process the arrival and it’ll be in a queue to go in to Toyota’s workshop at the depot, to be made fit to UK spec (like they might have to fit the alloys for the UK market). Once that’s done it’s then in some sort of queue with the transport company to get to the dealer.  

What customers get told from TGB isn’t always what the dealer sees. 

The manufacturer I last worked for often delivered cars after the ETA we were advised and we couldn’t get an answer out of them what the hold up was. 

They also aren’t particularly bothered by missing these ETAs and the dealer takes the pain from the customer trying to explain why. 

The MyToyota app said that our YC left the factory a week or so ago, so possibly the same shipment, the dealer has said that it is due to them on the 20th of July. 

The My Toyota app said my Yaris premier left the factory on the 19th of June it stayed that way until today which now says in transit Toton uk. Dealer said eta  could be anytime between 9th and 22nd of July. 

My Yaris left France on 20th arrived in the UK on 25th June and arrived at the dealer 1st July

6 hours ago, Ralph H said:

The My Toyota app said my Yaris premier left the factory on the 19th of June it stayed that way until today which now says in transit Toton uk. Dealer said eta  could be anytime between 9th and 22nd of July. 

Toton is the rail link.  It’s going back!!!

19 hours ago, Johnold said:

Hi

I had an email from Toyota informing me that the Yaris Excel I had ordered was in transit to the UK

The email was dated 16 June

My dealer has told me that the delivery ETA is 27 July

Is a 6 week transit time from France normal?

John

You can track the journey on Toyota app. My car went from the factory to Zeebrugge to Bristol docks(!) to Derby to the dealer. There was a week or two delay at each juncture.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links