Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Cross 1.8 Hybrid.

Haliotis

In the last 3 hours or so the rep, who assisted me in my appraisal of the Corolla last Saturday, rang me to ask if I had made any decision yet.  I told him that the roof height of my C-HR gives a better access, and more clearance between legs and bottom of steering wheel, and that, at the moment, I feel drawn towards the Corolla Cross - which, of course, is not available in the UK.  He said he understood the situation, and said he had seen a few Corolla Cross models in the past.  Perhaps they [Toyota] have already tested the market at some previous time, and dismissed the Cross from the UK list.

If the Prius sales failed after the demand made for it, I would imagine there’s no chance of them walking that plank again!

• Like 1

Prius is totally dead in uk. 
First it’s ultra expensive and secondly for all these potential buyers like the ph drivers in London there are better cars, Tesla model 3, kia Niro, Hyundai kona, ioniq and the list goes on. 
Private buyer who can afford a £40k car will not likely buy a Toyota Prius too. 
Yes, there are some exceptions but I think Prius generally speaking in uk and eu will not sell well anymore. This car it’s not practical, nor cheap and with complicated phev technology, expensive Battery to think of long term. 

The hev made by Toyota are the best of all electrified cars currently available. They are simply petrol auto’s with relatively small and inexpensive traction batteries that can be easily swapped if there is a need of. 
Full range of cars starting from Yaris and end with rav4. 
Corolla cross definitely didn’t came to uk because of the Corolla TS which is made in here. 

• Like 1

Shame about the Prius, it was legendary really.

If we never had the Prius, would we ever have had Tesla? And without Tesla, would we have ever got any electric cars?

I know EVs are too big too expensive and too inflammable but something needs to be done to save air quality and "diesel gate" showed we can't hope in the ICE...

17 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Corolla cross definitely didn’t came to uk because of the Corolla TS which is made in here. 

UK factory also build Corolla TS & hatchback for the European market so a lot of that factory production is exported.

19 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Prius is totally dead in uk. 
First it’s ultra expensive and secondly for all these potential buyers like the ph drivers in London there are better cars, Tesla model 3, kia Niro, Hyundai kona, ioniq and the list goes on. 
Private buyer who can afford a £40k car will not likely buy a Toyota Prius too. 
Yes, there are some exceptions but I think Prius generally speaking in uk and eu will not sell well anymore. This car it’s not practical, nor cheap and with complicated phev technology, expensive battery to think of long term. 

The hev made by Toyota are the best of all electrified cars currently available. They are simply petrol auto’s with relatively small and inexpensive traction batteries that can be easily swapped if there is a need of. 
Full range of cars starting from Yaris and end with rav4. 

I think the lack of interest in the UK is basically because the only model they let us have is the PHEV (in 2 trim levels) and as you say there are many alternatives and it is extremely expensive with the Excel with Premium Paint model being £47k.

if the let us have the HEV which would easily be £10k cheaper, I would buy a 200hp hybrid ( but not the mustard colour lol)

56 minutes ago, Paul john said:

I think the lack of interest in the UK is basically because the only model they let us have is the PHEV (in 2 trim levels) and as you say there are many alternatives and it is extremely expensive with the base model being £47k to start with.

From £37,315 currently - https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/prius-plugin

Can we please return to the topic subject - Corolla Cross 1.8 hybrid

24 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From £37,315 currently - https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/prius-plugin

Can we please return to the topic subject - Corolla Cross 1.8 hybrid

Yes i was just commenting on TonyHSD and ThomasL comments. My calculation was based on a direct replacement , ie an Excel Grade with Premium Paint, which works out as £47k

1 hour ago, Paul john said:

it is extremely expensive with the base model being £47k to start with.

Mmm ....

Anyway, back to the Corolla Cross.

37 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Mmm ....

Anyway, back to the Corolla Cross.

My mistake. Post edited

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links