Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quote/sanity check for rear brake pads/discs replacement

Toyotaowner6582

Hello again,

I have been advised by a local Toyota dealership that my rear brake pads and discs require replacing (one is binding producing a screeching noise) - Please see my previous post

They have quoted me just under £700 to replace both including parts and labour. This feels very high as I had a (full) service with them where I parted with £370. 

Rear pads and disks cost me £271 two years ago (not at a dealership).

Dealership did front pads and disks in 2021 for £285.

Surely prices can’t have doubled in 2-3 years?

• Like 1

A quick check on Toyota shows dealers charging around £310 for rear  discs and pads so try another dealer...however you may have a faulty brake caliper which would increase the price.

• Like 2

I was charged £300 for new rear disks and pads last year on my 2015 Auris Touring sport using my Inchcape dealer. Shop around I'd say. £700 is crazy unless fitting new calipers.

I replaced the fronts myself. The safety report was very accurate. The disks and pads at 45k miles were so corroded, scored and slider pins seized when I replaced them with genuine parts from dealer online for just over £200 incl new slider pins. 

James.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links