Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 C-HR fuel economy

Sczoo

Morning all,

I’m thinking of getting a 2020 CHR design with 32k miles on it, I currently have a newer car a Hyundai (23 plate) but having read reviews the fuel economy is brilliant on the CHR which is what I need really. As this car is 4 years old I wanted to know if these are solid cars and worth the money? With my part ex have to pay around 2.5k to get it thanks 🙂

2 hours ago, Sczoo said:

I’m thinking of getting a 2020 CHR design

1.8 or 2.0?

My old 2020 C-HR Dynamic (2.0 litre ) was getting around 60mpg on average. Best I ever got on a 70 motorway trip was 66mpg.

I'm on my second C-HR, after trading in the Dynamic for a 2.0 GR Sport, which I bought new last year. In my opinion, they are good solid cars and well worth the money.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2024 at 6:28 PM, Big_D said:

My old 2020 C-HR Dynamic (2.0 litre ) was getting around 60mpg on average. Best I ever got on a 70 motorway trip was 66mpg.

I'm on my second C-HR, after trading in the Dynamic for a 2.0 GR Sport, which I bought new last year. In my opinion, they are good solid cars and well worth the money.

Wow that’s impressive actually!! Are they quite roomy inside too? 

I have a 2020 CHR Dynamic that following with the flow of traffic averages mid 50s to 60mpg. Best I have seen was a 68mpg on a 25 mile trip with a mix of 30, 40 and 60 speed limits with me mostly sitting at the limit.  Good car with only very annoying radio issues that I believe are covered under a tech bulletin I read on here.  It’s the 2.0 that I have. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sczoo said:

Are they quite roomy inside too? 

I find them quite roomy inside, although a lot of people complain about the space in the rear. I find the new C-HR more cramped than the earlier model

9 hours ago, Big_D said:
13 hours ago, Sczoo said:

Are they quite roomy inside too? 

I find them quite roomy inside, although a lot of people complain about the space in the rear. I find the new C-HR more cramped than the earlier model

In what way more cramped? Jut interested ...

It's a Coupe High Rider - i.e. a coupe on stilts. Which means it has the passenger and load carrying characteristics of a coupe rather than a hatchback, let alone an 'estate'.

My wife has a Mk1 C-HR. She has no problem getting the grandkids in the back, but I doubt that adult passengers (especially tall adult passengers) would choose to be in the back for a long journey.

The boot is a decent size if 'coupe shaped' - she took a medium sized chest of draws to the charity shop yesterday. It's perfectly big enough to carry everyday loads and larger ones with the seats down.

(And, of course, for anything bigger again we'd use the RAV 😉 )

Wife has 2019 1.8 dynamic... Average 60mpg for her commute, room wise it depends on what your coming from... As for reliability.. Well same drive train as prius which are known to do over 600,000 miles without many problems.. 

As for the drive I'd have to say it's arguably one of the best toyota cars out there and that that's from me with a 2020 2.0 ts excel corolla ... I think I prefer ch-r for town work while corolla is better on motorway. 

I have a 2022 1.8 design. Over the week, mainly motorway driving and town I average fill-up to fill-up 60-65 mpg. This gets down to 50-55 when it's colder and the engine has to run more often 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links