Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London - End to discounts for zero-emission vehicles

FROSTYBALLS

😂😂😂 good old labour, Mr Kahn is definitely for the people 😂😂 bleed them dry, to be completely honest, it's almost pointless owning a vehicle in London, probably cheaper to get an Uber every day

• Like 1

Surprise surprise Khan finds another way to milk the motorist! Pay-per mile coming in 3... 2... 1...

I feel for all the EV owners who supported him thinking they were untouchable... the betrayal must really sting...

• Like 1

AND Londoners just voted Kahn in office again, unbelievable!

No surprise there…

peoples memories are sooo short.

for models made in the following years …

2016 hybrids - zero tax and congestion charge exemption

2019 hybrids - lower tax (£15) only phevs capable of travelling across london on full electric exempt congestion charge. 

2022 hybrids - same tax as everyone else ,  congestion charge applies but exempt ulez

Clearly nothing to do with emissions or congestion- Only more money making for Khan’s great metropolis 😡

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Clearly nothing to do with emissions or congestion- Only more money making for Khan’s great metropolis 😡

Im not being drawn into that Rabbit Hole

2 hours ago, Basil-BarryC said:

What ? Khan’s taxing rabbits as well 😀

You've not heard of the in-hare-itence tax ?

• Haha 6

On 7/2/2024 at 7:53 PM, Cyker said:

Surprise surprise Khan finds another way to milk the motorist! Pay-per mile coming in 3... 2... 1...

I feel for all the EV owners who supported him thinking they were untouchable... the betrayal must really sting...

Regarding “pay-per-mile”, Fair fuel UK have reiterated warnings that this will happen if/when Labour get into power.  Obviously, the ‘think tanks’ will have pondered this but, frankly, I don’t believe it will ever happen.  It would require technical infrastructure on an immensely wide and extremely costly scale.  Do any other countries have ‘pay-per-mile’ charges?  Such a move would take us back into the dark ages and, in any case, signal blockers are easily got on line to frustrate such a system.  Plus, who is going to pay out for the millions of cars already on our roads?   It would also threaten the service of volunteer drivers who provide transport for the vulnerable.

EV owners and Khan.  Don’t have any sympathy for them.  If they wish to support the man, then more foolish them.

Makes sense to me if you are trying to manage congestion. Not if you are trying to manage emissions - but then the emission zone charging should be for that.

A nice present for all who voted Khan in for another term - surely they couldn’t have failed to notice the likelihood of this happening 🤷‍♂️

All part of the Master Plan to tax the pips out of the motorists, pay per mile next and eventually force car ownership out of the reach of all but the wealthy. 

Wonder if Khan will still have his Mayoral vehicle 🤣

• Like 1

Khan should have gone but the problem is, for most Londoners, they weren't convinced with the alternative choices.

Applies to the general election - I suspect most people are fed up with the two main parties but it's a two horse race and that's a problem with the system.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links