Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can I use my 5efe distributer in a 4efe engine?

Franseno

Hi All,

I used the 5efe engine from a tercel to get my Sera working (long story but it's finally going!).  I only used the engine and moved over all the inlet/outlet manifolds and distributor etc... as the Sera was a 5efhe engine so used the same ecu/loom etc.

Previously I had a 4efe engine I was going to try to use but in the end just easier to get another 5efe.  I now have the 4efe engine that I want to use in the Tercel - using all the 5efe externals.  however there's one issue.  the 5efe has a distributer and the 4efe has a coil pack.  It looks like the 4efe has a hole in the side of the cam to fit a distributer, but not sure if I can just take this of and use.

I have a picture of the original 5efe engine plate, and the 4efe where the plugged 'hole' exists in the side of the head and the coil pack.  Anyone know about this sort of thing or done it previously?  Keen to see if I can use the engine to get the Tercel going again.

Any help is appreciated!

20240703_092624.jpg

20240703_095201.jpg

20240703_092637.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links