Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Plugin - Toyota App

Rav4 Fanatic

Bought a brand new Toyota Rav 4 plugin ,connected with Mytoyota App , i drove it for 2-3 days ,eventhough I disengage with EV mode and choose to drive Hybrid only mode - the Toyota app in its trip summary shows the car still used some amount of EV .this is causing some confusion ,I am trying to figure out ---

1) Is this a bug in the app or issue with the car ?

2)Is it classifying Hybrid mode driving in slow speeds i,e charging the Hybrid Battery as EV mode in the summary ?

Apologies if this question is very basic or has been asked in the recent past 

1) No

2) No

If I understand correctly, you have a PHEV and you are trying to drive it as a HEV ... ?

Whenever you lift-off or go downhill there is a good chance that the ICE will switch off and the EV light come on - such occasions are counted as being in EV mode. When you accelerate again, initial motive power will come from the Battery and electric motors - still on EV mode. Only when necessary does the ICE restart and the EV mode period end.

That is exactly how the hybrid is supposed to work and that is what is being reflected by the app.

With the PHEV it is a little more complicated since the car will want to run as an EV as often as it can - that's why you bought a PHEV after all. And the best thing to do is let it behave that way. It will attempt to use around 70% of the stored charge before switching to hybrid mode but may run the ICE at almost any time (because that is what it decides it should do).

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok but if your explanation is correct ,then i dont understand why is there is an option in the 2024 model 

1) Hybrid only mode - EV only mode - its a toggle switch between the two 

2)Auto switch -allowing to onboard computer to decide (as explained in your answer )

The above two are switches with options as described

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links