Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change or not

Bozz

My Corolla is coming to the end of the PCP term and has done 33k miles. Probably enough time to take delivery of a replacement before it ends. 

Is it worth me taking out a new PCP contract and getting a new Corolla ST 2.0 Design?

The % APR is higher at 2.9% whereas previously it was 0%.

Is the 2024 model year car better than my 2021 car of the same spec?

Views would be appreciated.

Bozz

I have recently taken delivery of a Corolla 2.0 TS Excel and looked at the spec. in detail versus a used approved model and I must say you gain some and lose some as the specifications change.

I'd had a VW Tiguan, kept for 8 years before the electronics started playing up and that was the end of that.

Overall, I'm very happy with the 2024 model. Bought on PCP to get extra discount but paid off after the first instalment. If you are happy with what you have and it's reliable, why change?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33k miles isn't much, I'd keep the existing car. Particularly as you have the 2 litre.

With the 100k miles/10 years warranty if you use dealer servicing, keeping a car shouldn't cause any issues.

My own mileage is 20/25k a year, so for me I'll only get 4-5 years warranty but plan to keep mine until I'm close to the 100k mileage limit. I don't expect I'll need any repairs, just some tyres and maybe one set of brake pads.

Plus the new 2024 model will have the speed limit alerts that can't be switched off permanently - only disabled through settings until the next time you start the car.

• Like 1

Keep or return and buy another all it’s up to you and depending on personal circumstances and preferences. 
One thing for sure Toyota cars last well beyond the manufacturer warranty and they does not cause any major problems except the usual wear with time and mileage. 100 000 miles end of warranty is where these cars start their second life of another 100000 miles and more. 
The different between two Corolla in question are small and overall these two are same cars. 

• Like 1

I'd be keeping her. But I choose to keep my cars for years anyway.

Given what's happening today I reckon that the future for us motorists is unpredictable to say the least.

So, by keeping the car you have a known rather than an unknown. And at 33K she's barely run in with a huge amount of life left in her plus you know the history from brand new.

But, obviously, your circumstances may well be different leading to a different conclusion.

Good luck.

• Like 1

The biggest shame is they've moved all the 0% offers and deals to shift the EV tat...

Price has gone up as well as the APR hasn't it?

Keep it if you can afford the CBP or crippling balloon payment... 😅

Tell them we're all waiting for a PHEV Corolla and we'll only change our cars then!

If you want a new car go for a new car.

Another option is to look for a 1 year-old Corolla model (so 23), with a reg starting with F, so FL, FE, or F whatever. These are normally ex-Toyota employee company type cars, of which there are a number based on the two manufacturing sites in the UK. I think they give them to managers. They run them upto 10k miles and are a year old I think and then sold off I think through the dealer network. The last but one I got was newly serviced as well.

I used the word think too many times in this post but it's what I remember and I still see to this day a number of these going out and into the UK manufacturing site at shift change at Deeside.  

• Like 2

One more for an year old 2023, mainly because of the speed limit alerts on the new ones. The interest might be higher on an used car vs a new PCP deal though. 

• Like 1

You may be able to pick up a  facelift 23 pre-reg car at a discount as it’s last years model.

watch out though, last time I looked there were some pre-facelift pre-reg 23 models still about. They had been sitting on the forecourt for months. The adverts weren’t clear that they were the old model, and it was only contacting the dealers that I found out the truth. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links