Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MK2 aygo seats in MK1 airbag question

jerony910

Hi all,

I just swapped the MK2 seats into my MK1 aygo today.

My MK1 didn't originally have an airbag in the seats, but when i removed the old ones there was a green connector that wasn't plugged into anything. I assume this is for the airbag.

The MK2 seats of course have airbags in them and I've plugged the wire into them from my car.

My question is - will the seat airbags now work? Or do I have to do something else to wire them in properly so that my car knows that they are there. Because I assume it will be programmed in to not expect these airbags so that the airbag warning light does not show up.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks in advance.

I've done similar before on a couple of Peugeot 206's

It required a different airbag ecu, a pair of satellite sensors ( one each side ) & the body computer reconfiguring but apart from that as the wiring loom was already there from the factory it was basically plug & play. 

I'm surprised the airbag warning light isn't ON now the seat airbags have been plugged in to the loom.

It would suspect you will need to at least reconfigure the airbag ecu or possibly replace it for one that has side airbag capability.

You really need to compare the wiring & parts diagrams to see what parts of the system are different between an Aygo with front airbags & an Aygo with front & side airbags. 

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

I've done similar before on a couple of Peugeot 206's

It required a different airbag ecu, a pair of satellite sensors ( one each side ) & the body computer reconfiguring but apart from that as the wiring loom was already there from the factory it was basically plug & play. 

I'm surprised the airbag warning light isn't ON now the seat airbags have been plugged in to the loom.

It would suspect you will need to at least reconfigure the airbag ecu or possibly replace it for one that has side airbag capability.

You really need to compare the wiring & parts diagrams to see what parts of the system are different between an Aygo with front airbags & an Aygo with front & side airbags. 

Thanks for your quick reply.

I imagined it would be more difficult than just plugging them in haha.

But yes I can confirm that the airbag warning light is not on.

I am happy to do some research but I am struggling to find information like this such as parts and wiring diagrams online. Not sure where to start really.

I have looked on parts-catalogs(.com) and seen that I need the airbag ecu with reference number 6546 F7 which is for a 3 door with side airbags, but this doesn't match with the part numbers on the ecu's.

Can anyone who has a MK1 aygo with side airbags point me in the right direction? What ECU model number I will need and whether I need additional sensors?

Or is this even worth it o_0

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links