Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door edge guards

GalloB

Hi all,

This might divide opinion as not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I usually fit door edge guards to my cars for a bit of extra protection.

Have used the clear ones before but this time gave black a go. This is how it turned out on a red 2021 Aygo.

image.thumb.jpeg.c0e29dc30102ea6089892dfd7c62cd6d.jpeg

I used these ones from Amazon for £10 and there was enough for all four doors.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HKKTKHX?psc=1

Wasn't sure about the back doors as there is no natural edge at the bottom, it curves around to the B pillar, but as I had enough I thought I'd give it a go and see how it looked. I'm still not sure about the backs.

• Like 3

Be careful with that stuff - Dirt and guck and even moss/algae can build up and start to grow in the gap between the door and the rubber; Take it off when you clean the car to keep it clean!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Be careful with that stuff - Dirt and guck and even moss/algae can build up and start to grow in the gap between the door and the rubber; Take it off when you clean the car to keep it clean!

Thanks I'll make sure I keep a close eye on them - although that has never happened in the last 5 years I've used them on other cars (3 years on a Mini and 2 on a Fiesta). They have an adhesive backing so can't be reapplied easily if they are removed. My car is kept in a garage though so it's a fairly moss/algae free zone which makes a bit of difference, and I'm sure it's dependent on the quality of the material too which is probably highly variable. Definitely a good idea to check them regularly.

• Like 2

My ones were clear which I think made it worse; Maybe black ones will be less prone to it since no sun makes it harder for that stuff to grow... :unsure:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cyker said:

My old gf had a primera with headlight covers on, I took them off and cleaned them for her.

There were things under those that Jacque Cousteau had never seen.

It was an auto and going up a steep hill in Derbyshire she was making hard work of it, and I risked physical assault by suggesting that she put it in 2 or 1 to climb the hill.

She told me that those selections are for going faster, not climbing hills, so I rolled my eyes a bit, and thought I hope the AA carries primera auto gearboxes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hah I was stuck behind a Jazz doing that today, poor thing in the wrong gear for a hill, and you could almost see the driver flooring it in desperation but to no avail then finally realizing they needed to downshift, but too little too late and then the kangarooing of shame... 

I didn't see if they stalled though as I just pulled around as soon as it was clear and floored it :laugh:  (Hybrid powaaaahhhh :laugh: )

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

These look ok on red car indeed. Although I would not be fitting any to my one for the given reasons plus maybe an extra wind noise generator. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links