Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any issues on a 2015-2018 Avensis T27 2.0 petrol CVT?

Tomlin

Hi guys, my first post here. I will travel a bit this weekend to check out a 2018 Avensis Estate Active Plus 2.0 S petrol with CVT 'box for sale. I believe it has the 3ZR-FAE engine. It has about 100,000 km's on the clock, two owners. Anything to look out for or worry about? Will occasionally tow with it and mostly drive short runs 20-30 km's daily.

Check that all the car service done and in its time.

Tyres condition Battery interior....

• Like 1

Getting a bit worried of the things that pop up when doing some internet searches on the 3ZR-FAE engine. 

"The ZR engine family brought together the most advanced technologies for the naturally aspirated engines that Toyota developed. All this affected negatively on reliability. The engine has a lot of small problems that spoil the overall impression of it."

Source: https://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=154

Also, the CVT and how long it will last is also up for debate. Does Toyota's service schedule include oil changes and/or flushes of the gearbox, or is it considered to have 'lifetime' oil in it from the factory?

CVT never need ti change oil in a normal driving its a life time (act like a cooler not like engine oil or normal gearbox oil that lubricate and need to be change) only if you board, the 2.0 engine its good, the 1.8 a lot better also fuel consamption.

Take your attantion that the  avensis its the most reliable car you can buy even more the the corolla.

Engoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota CVT transmissions are the most reliable CVTs on the market.

Here in New Zealand, the Toyota Corolla with CVT is the most popular car in rental car fleets. The cheaper rental car companies that rent out old cars have plenty of Corollas with CVTs up around 200,000km.

Toyota NZ recommends the fluid is inspected at 90,000km. Personally, I'd replace it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links